Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Posted on:7/19/11 10:42 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Other Projects by clothingengineer using this Pattern

peachy44 said... (9/24/11 9:44 PM) Reply
You've been making me think about the front of the sleeve needing to be different than the back. I ran across this: http://www.fashion-incubator.com/archive/sleeve_cap_ease_is_bogus/
peachy44 said... (9/23/11 1:46 PM) Reply
My 2 pennies worth. I don't think the pulling is due to the shoulders not being wide enough. The seam falls in the right place. I thought it was the sleeve being too narrow at the cap. If you compare your two sleeve pattterns, the vogue pattern has the extra width you need.
clothingengineer said... (7/23/11 7:08 AM) Reply
MNBarb - I changed just the sleeve.
MNBarb said... (7/22/11 1:44 PM) Reply
Thanks for taking the time to write this helpful review. I like the style of this shirt and have the pattern on my list. I wonder if you also changed the armscye or just the sleeve?
Sew4Fun said... (7/20/11 11:27 PM) Reply
Nice blouse and fantastic review! Thanks.
Amanda.Claire said... (7/20/11 4:57 PM) Reply
Really nice blouse! I like Burda for the fit too! I'm glad you showed the picture of the sleeve. That is all the world of difference!
Karine said... (7/20/11 7:37 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. The difference between those two sleeves is significant. It's easy to see why the Burda sleeve fits better. Your modifications obviously worked out well - the finished blouse looks great on you and I love that fabric.
ArtAttack said... (7/19/11 10:23 AM) Reply
This is a lot of good info...thanks. I'd give anything if my mom was still alive so we could laugh over choosing the same patterns...what a gift you have!