Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7658 (Notch Collar Shirtdress)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:7/21/11 9:51 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
SewWil said... (7/26/11 11:52 PM) Reply
What a wonderful summer dress! I like the way you accessorized it. Thanks for the detailed review. You always provide so much information.
SewWil said... (7/26/11 11:52 PM) Reply
lnwmelon said... (7/24/11 10:28 AM) Reply
Very, very pretty, and I appreciate all the details of construction that you shared, both here and on your blog, including dying the underlining with tumeric. I love it!
Sue Parrott said... (7/22/11 6:37 PM) Reply
Very cute dress and I think your pockets and underlining looks 'planned'. Well done!
2takeKate said... (7/22/11 4:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress - and perfect sunny color for you! Way to be fearless with the precious fabric. I have a piece of TGTU linen/rayon & am not sure what I'm waiting for! Thanks for the turned facing reminder, too - I had seen the Margaret dress posting a while ago. Well done!!
Terri A said... (7/22/11 12:13 PM) Reply
Your dress is wonderful. I love the way you styled everything. Thanks for all the great photos! The vintage buttons are perfect with your beautiful fabric. I'm looking forward to seeing more TGTU fabric in your futute projects :-)
Woolygal said... (7/22/11 8:32 AM) Reply
This is so couture. You hit the nail on the head. Great job.
FreyaStark said... (7/22/11 7:27 AM) Reply
A really lovely dress. It looks great on you. Looks like a great pattern, too. Maybe I need it ...
VivianZ said... (7/22/11 7:18 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute summer dress!
marec said... (7/22/11 2:04 AM) Reply
I hate being late to a review...ditto to what everyone else said. sigh. It is really nice and the eyelet is perfect.
cmcarr said... (7/22/11 1:19 AM) Reply
Very cute.
MarianS said... (7/22/11 1:02 AM) Reply
You look fabulous in that dress! Excellent job, and great review!
SusiM said... (7/22/11 0:52 AM) Reply
That dress is so adorable and perfect for you. Thanks for the helpful review and all the pics.
Sarsez said... (7/21/11 10:36 PM) Reply
Excellent match of fabbric and pattern. Fabulous.
Dee2 said... (7/21/11 7:31 PM) Reply
Beautifully sewn, beautifully worn. Your photos show how lovely this dress is from all angles.
newmama said... (7/21/11 6:47 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! I also love the links you include that show all the fabrics and patterns you buy :)
Ericaeli said... (7/21/11 5:15 PM) Reply
You're right it is an adorable dress, and it looks really nice on you. The fabric is wonderful, and it deserved to be sewn!
RadarRadiance said... (7/21/11 5:10 PM) Reply
I agree with all the comments, it is adorable and looks wonderful on, love the fabric!!!
VirginiasDghter said... (7/21/11 3:26 PM) Reply
Oh my! I don't think it gets much cuter than this dress! Very nice....inside and out! Looks very cute on you! Fantastic review!
Rhoda K said... (7/21/11 2:51 PM) Reply
Love the dress & shoulder style - looks good on you.
michellep74 said... (7/21/11 2:51 PM) Reply
Very cute dress! I love that you made this up in that yellow eyelet!
Mufffet said... (7/21/11 12:46 PM) Reply
Great style. Very retro! 1050s and early 60s look. :) Love that color! So Summery and looks great on you.
quixoticpixels said... (7/21/11 12:23 PM) Reply
Great review and very cute dress! I love the yellow eyelet!
Erin D said... (7/21/11 12:07 PM) Reply
This is a really cute look. Thanks for all the details about the construction process.
Vintage Joan said... (7/21/11 11:51 AM) Reply
Wonderful -- excellent review!
MelissaB in WA said... (7/21/11 11:10 AM) Reply
I already commented on your blog, but I just had to repeat, that dress is the best summer dress ever!
scormeny said... (7/21/11 11:03 AM) Reply
Love! It! I can't wait to see more of your too good to use summer projects. You look great in this.
persevering said... (7/21/11 10:40 AM) Reply
Thank you for your great review! Now I want to sew this dress too. I love practical clothes that have timeless appeal and make the wearer look good too.
mrsbewley said... (7/21/11 10:34 AM) Reply
Fabulous job on this!
mm said... (7/21/11 10:14 AM) Reply
Great summer dress. Well done.
Elemenopeo said... (7/21/11 10:01 AM) Reply
Very nice dress - you look good in it!
Gelbean said... (7/21/11 9:55 AM) Reply
That is one of the cutest shirt dresses ever! The yellow eyelet is so Summery.

by: yummymummy...