Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2010-122 (September cover dress)

Reviewed by:CassandraD

About CassandraDstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 5/11/10
Posted on:7/29/11 0:06 AM
Last Updated:7/29/11 0:13 AM
Pattern Size:Petite

loribee said... (5/23/13 3:37 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the detailed comments about doing the sleeves...I had no idea what the pattern directions were trying to say. Your notes are super-helpful. Beautiful dress you made!
poppykettle said... (9/21/11 10:28 PM) Reply
Thanks a million - I hadn't thought to check my local library!
CassandraD said... (8/3/11 5:27 AM) Reply
Yes, it's from the 2010 September issue of BurdaStyle magazine. I don't believe it's available for download at burdastyle.com but you might be able to get it from burdastyle.de instead. Or try your library for loan copies of BurdaStyle. My library has a subscription perhaps yours does too :)
poppykettle said... (8/1/11 7:30 AM) Reply
I've been hunting for this pattern since I saw it first, so I'm over the moon to see another review of it. It looks great!! Quick Q - I'm assuming you have this issue of Burda Style Magazine? Or did you get it from somewhere else? I haven't been able to get my hands on a back copy!
inkstain said... (8/1/11 1:16 AM) Reply
Beautifully executed! http://chanelno6.blogspot.com/
Sue Parrott said... (7/30/11 7:07 PM) Reply
Your dress is so cute and looks very professionally done.
beth5646 said... (7/30/11 0:11 AM) Reply
Dress looks gorgeous on you. And one of the most thorough reviews I have ever read. You are inspiring. Thank you.
Gold said... (7/29/11 9:31 PM) Reply
Sharonspils said... (7/29/11 8:21 PM) Reply
Stunning dress.
SewWil said... (7/29/11 4:30 PM) Reply
cabinbaby said... (7/29/11 3:58 PM) Reply
That's a great dress!!!!
squirrellypoo said... (7/29/11 2:24 PM) Reply
Fabulous fabulous dress!! It fits you perfectly so all those alterations were totally worth it! And I'm glad my guide was of some help, too!
ClioBklyn said... (7/29/11 10:24 AM) Reply
Tres chic!! This has been on my "to sew" list since that Burda arrived - so glad to see another great version of it. It's incredibly flattering on you! And thanks for all the fitting and construction tips!
Amanda.Claire said... (7/29/11 8:50 AM) Reply
marymary86 said... (7/29/11 7:46 AM) Reply
You look fantastic in this dress!
dingyadi said... (7/29/11 7:41 AM) Reply
Such a beautiful dress. It looks stunning.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (7/29/11 2:44 AM) Reply
Fabulous, I know the sleeves were considered a bit controversial but I love the drama they add to this dress. Great job on getting such a good fit too.
Aroura said... (7/29/11 2:42 AM) Reply
Wow a truly beautiful creation, worth all the work of alterations. Just gorgeous on you!
CassandraD said... (7/29/11 2:23 AM) Reply
I had a small amount of black double knit left over from another project (probably about 75cm or a yard in length) and was able to cut the top half of the dress out as a muslin. The dress doesn't need a huge amount of fabric. This brown marl that I used for the dress I had in my stash and it's 150cm wide and I bought 2metres. I probably could have squeezed out the half muslin and dress from the same fabric.
Sewingelle said... (7/29/11 0:59 AM) Reply
Wow, another fabulous version of this pattern! I've been a bit scared of this pattern because I would probably have to muslin it and what would I use to muslin it in that would have the same stretch as a ponte de roma or double knit? What did you use for the muslin?

by: Pamaro