Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6111 (Misses' Dresses)

Reviewed by:Petula

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

mollyshark said... (6/27/12 3:36 PM) Reply
I know this is an older review, but just a head's up. When you are doing one of the big four pattern companies (vogue, butterick, simplicity, mccalls), ALWAYS use high bust for measurement, not full bust. So if your full bust is 36, your high bust is probably like 34 or even smaller depending on cup size. Match up high bust with the pattern sizing and you'll eliminate much of the HUGE plus have shoulders fitting well. Waist and hip are easy adjustments on a dress compared to upper body.
trifles said... (3/22/12 4:52 PM) Reply
So, I consider myself warned about the pattern, but had to say that your review made me laugh out loud. Thanks - I needed that! :D
Bendy said... (2/7/12 10:35 PM) Reply
Yep, I am just finishing this dress. Made a size 6 too. I found that the facing was too big for the size, it was far too long, and quite shapeless. I did heed the warnings and tapered the pattern in from the top of the sides to the bottom, where I ended up taking 3" off each side of each piece. Still looks too much like a bag. Ah, well. I had to try!
SamO said... (7/21/11 8:26 PM) Reply
Agreed. I made this pattern in a size 6 since I have a size 30 bust and the dress turned out huge and instead of the bottom of the dress hitting mid-thigh, it came down several inches past my knee!
SamO said... (7/21/11 8:25 PM) Reply