Pattern Reviews> Brown Paper Patterns> Top Package One (Top Package One)

Reviewed by:Nikki

About Nikkistarstarstarstar
MD USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:7/10/02 1:49 AM
Last Updated:7/31/02 0:38 AM

said... (10/25/02 12:23 PM) Reply
This was a good, well-written review. It helps to know how it fits, because I like my clothes very loose-fitting. I have an illness that causes a lot of pain, and can't stand tight clothing. I also like soft material. Now I know what a flower-pot neckline is. I never heard it called that. Thanks
said... (7/31/02 4:21 PM) Reply
hi nikki, thanks for the excellent review. i have considered buying this pattern and your review certainly helps in that decision. there is a place on the web that sells rayon seam bindings (http://thesewingplace.com/Notions/Seam%20Binding/seam_binding.htm). i have not tried them but they seem to offer a number of different color choices.
said... (7/31/02 1:18 PM) Reply
Nikki, thanks for a terrific review. Your tops are very pretty and would create a whole wardrobe just with a couple of bottom pieces.
said... (7/31/02 12:39 PM) Reply
Thanks for a well-written informative review. I have this pattern, and am thinking about making the button front top-yours looks really nice. About binding the square neck-yes it is possible, but not easy. It helps to round the corners slightly. For sharp corners you would need to miter the binding. I have always found this too fussy, so I don't do it. If you wanted to line the top, it could be lined to the neck edge and the linig would finish the square neck. I hate facings, but they are still the easiest finish for square necks.
said... (7/11/02 1:17 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review..I have been wondering about this pattern for some time now! I love the orange, one of my favorites!!
said... (7/10/02 11:47 PM) Reply
Nikki, they're beautiful! How fun for us that you stitched up so many for us to see!
said... (7/10/02 6:24 PM) Reply
What a goodlooking threesome:-)
said... (7/10/02 1:31 PM) Reply
Cassandra - I wanted a fairly loose shirt, so I was happy with the amount of room in the bust, but if I wanted a more fitted style, I would probably have to mess around with the darts or something to get a closer fit. Deepika - I was too lazy to bother! The silk is a bit wrinkly, and would probably hold up better with underlining.
said... (7/10/02 12:52 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, this is a pattern I have been considering.
said... (7/10/02 10:40 AM) Reply
Nikki, very pretty tops! I love the orange one! Did you line or underline the silk top?
said... (7/10/02 10:03 AM) Reply
Nikki--This was an excellent review and I really liked your "Lessons Learned" section. I have made this top (the flower-pot neckline) and felt it was a little to large in the bust area, but I am small-busted too. I agree with your tip about topstitching around the neckline; I think that would help to hold down the facings. I will do that the next time.

by: JUNIPERJUN...