Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1218 (Donna Karan pleat front dress)

Reviewed by:jenleeC

About jenleeCstarstar
WA Australia
Member since: 6/4/11
Posted on:7/31/11 4:43 AM
Last Updated:8/1/11 3:58 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
salsera7 said... (5/8/12 5:45 PM) Reply
The dress look stunning on you. You did an excellent job and it actually looks better than the model.
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/26/11 12:35 PM) Reply
Excellent! Very flattering and beautiful sewn.
Mufffet said... (8/12/11 1:13 PM) Reply
This is simply gorgeous. Lovely pattern and looks so very nice on you.
Kay Y said... (8/7/11 9:43 PM) Reply
Lovely!
txdivadoll said... (8/5/11 0:32 AM) Reply
OMG your construction is absolutely FLAWLESS! Your pic looks better than the one on the Vogue pattern - no lie. This is one of 7 unfinished projects sitting in my stash because I got VERY discouraged while working on it. I made the mistake of buying knit fabric without the necessary "body" so this one will be a muslin too - IF I ever finish it! You have given me the motivation to do that. I might be contacting you for pointers whenever I pick this project back up :-)
VirginiasDghter said... (8/2/11 8:22 AM) Reply
Wow! Now that's a little white dress! This looks great on you! It looks very elegant and shophisticated....expensive even! You've got yourself a winner with this one! Nice work!
JenniferBee said... (8/2/11 0:58 AM) Reply
Very elegant, congratulations on your first review.
annie1129 said... (8/1/11 7:42 PM) Reply
beautiful
pdiddly said... (8/1/11 1:45 PM) Reply
great looking dress and fantastic you can wear your toile what a bonus
Silknmore said... (8/1/11 12:28 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous dress and so well fitted. Congratulations on this beautiful garment.
lakaribane said... (8/1/11 9:29 AM) Reply
Now that I've seen the big photo thanks to Vonnevo, I think it's FANTASTIC! Looks really good!
VivianZ said... (8/1/11 8:12 AM) Reply
This dress is beautiful! I would never have thought it was a toile. And thanks for the height info for us "height impaired" people. The pattern would be great to make up into the color block styles that will be popular this fall.
Karine said... (8/1/11 7:09 AM) Reply
Wow! You look amazing in that dress! I can't wait to see the next version.
jenleeC said... (8/1/11 4:02 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the lovely comments! This is my first review so it is great to get some feedback. Sorry the photo was so small...newbie teething problems...I think I have now fixed this and also added another photo showing the front pleats.
FreyaStark said... (8/1/11 3:32 AM) Reply
Thanks. A lovely dress, simple and elegant.
becca a said... (7/31/11 4:37 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous dress! Thank your for reviewing this pattern.
Mary M. Mohr said... (7/31/11 3:24 PM) Reply
This is simply sensational on you.
SewWil said... (7/31/11 3:19 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!!! Thanks for the detailed review.
Sue Parrott said... (7/31/11 1:05 PM) Reply
Wow is that a beautiful dress! I hadn't noticed that pattern before. I'd love to see a bigger pic of your work. :)
Vonnevo said... (7/31/11 12:06 PM) Reply
Jen, your dress is gorgeous !!! Welcome to PR and congratulations on writing your first review !!! I copied and pasted the address for your photo and bingo! The link I found the large photo at is: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-5Xwwg4a5JZI/TjUUPQ_52VI/AAAAAAAAAEU/94J3gCcYEm8/
Elona said... (7/31/11 11:57 AM) Reply
I think the dress might be stunning. However, your project photo is teeny-tiny. Could you enlarge it so that when we click on it we can see the details?
ArtAttack said... (7/31/11 11:15 AM) Reply
I love this on you! I really like this pattern every time I look at it...yours is lovely!
gernella said... (7/31/11 10:29 AM) Reply
That looks better than the actual Vogue photo.
Patti B said... (7/31/11 9:44 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! You should feel very comfortable wearing this -- you look smashing.
lakaribane said... (7/31/11 8:01 AM) Reply
Oooh, another review, thank you so much...and from a Petite, no less! Please try to fix the photo, would love a better look.
FreyaStark said... (7/31/11 6:47 AM) Reply
It looks gorgeous but your main pic comes up very small. Could you try to enlarge it, so that we can see it properly?
slmstyle said... (7/31/11 5:16 AM) Reply
Very pretty! I can't wait to see the new look in a darker fabric. I'm also a big fan of making it up first in another fabric to see how it all works out. Nice job!

Understanding Knit Fabrics