Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8709 (misses jacket)

Reviewed by:madebyj

About madebyjstar
Member since: 7/31/10
Posted on:7/23/11 11:30 PM
Last Updated:8/1/11 8:53 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

annamm said... (10/24/11 7:40 AM) Reply
Looks marvellous.
whistlin dixie said... (9/5/11 9:59 PM) Reply
What a nice rendition of this pattern! Your finishing is beautiful. The batik bias really adds some kick to the interior. You should definitely show that off!
madebyj said... (7/30/11 7:34 PM) Reply
Thank you all very much for your kind comments. It certainly is a pleasure to be a part of such a welcoming group of like-minded sewers. As to the fabric, it most certainly could be a ripstop cotton. It has been in my stash for awhile, only with ‘cotton’ as a label. But you are right, it does have the thick threads interwoven at intervals in a crosshatch pattern typical of ripstock. Happy sewing, everyone!
Carolyn.S said... (7/29/11 7:08 AM) Reply
This jacket looks great, and I like the HongKong finishing. Great colour too, I'm sure you wil find this useful as well as gorgeous! Your fabric looks a little like ripstop cotton, is this the case?
beth5646 said... (7/28/11 10:45 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket. Your work is immaculate and I love your fabric and your necklace. Don't you love those pockets? I have made this top/jacket using Japanese double gauze. I too love it. I need to write a review. I will make this pattern again, only next time will make it longer. Marcy Tilton has some gorgeous examples of this jacket on her website. Worth checking out. Thanks for the review.
DorothyK said... (7/28/11 10:10 AM) Reply
Beautiful inside and out. This jacket is much more interesting made up than on the pattern envelope. Congratulations on your first review.
ArtAttack said... (7/27/11 10:13 PM) Reply
I love it! Great detailing...and SO beautiful on the inside, too. Beautiful work!
sewtime said... (7/27/11 7:15 PM) Reply
I love your jacket!
FreyaStark said... (7/27/11 7:16 AM) Reply
A highly original garment without being weird, as you say.
sfshaza said... (7/26/11 11:37 PM) Reply
I'm the one who made this and it doesn't look that great on me. But I really love this pattern and yours is gorgeous, esp with that killer necklace! Your finishing with the primitive print Hong Kong seaming is gorgeous.
moushka said... (7/26/11 10:38 PM) Reply
@Irene: I think she meant 'overlocking the armhole.' Great review, made me want to try the pattern. Your jacket is lovely.
Irene said... (7/25/11 2:56 PM) Reply
This is such an appealing jacket, and thank you for writing your first review. Your work is immaculate, and I would like to understand Marcy Tilton's "tip on overlooking the armhole," but I haven't located it on her web site. Might you direct us?
Karine said... (7/25/11 7:35 AM) Reply
Very nice. Love your fabric choice.
Athene said... (7/24/11 2:05 PM) Reply
A very attractive jacket.
sewtime said... (7/24/11 11:25 AM) Reply
I love your jacket, very pretty!!
carolynw said... (7/24/11 10:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful and really great with the necklace
marec said... (7/24/11 9:49 AM) Reply
Wonderful job! I love the neutral fabric paired with the cool necklace.
Mary Gillette said... (7/24/11 8:37 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! And the necklace really sets it off.
Janiki said... (7/24/11 8:17 AM) Reply
This one turned out a real beauty. I also love the way you accessorized it.
RLL said... (7/24/11 5:17 AM) Reply
Very attractive and stylish.

by: sandramary