Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2444 (Misses' Dresses)

Reviewed by:Time4me

About Time4mestar
BC CANADA
Member since: 1/22/08
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:8/1/11 4:22 PM

BettyJones said... (5/7/12 6:35 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the detailed review. I think the waist looks perfect where it is. Very lovely dress
MariaDenmark said... (4/9/12 10:47 AM) Reply
Great review - I love the dress! Thank you for the thoruogh review - it is very helpful!
MamaLusco said... (3/12/12 10:59 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Thanks for the helpful blog post & review.
sewinghoneybee said... (8/15/11 12:50 PM) Reply
So adorable! The sizing info is so helpful as I have the same measurements. Great work!
Sue Parrott said... (8/3/11 9:32 PM) Reply
I love the vintage feel of your dress. Very cute!
ggf2005 said... (8/2/11 1:39 PM) Reply
this brings back memories of when my Mom sewed for me. very cute
Time4me said... (8/2/11 12:13 PM) Reply
Thank you, everyone, for you lovely comments. I have always loved gingham but thought it was to feminine for me to pull off. However, when I saw it in kelly green, I figured it would take a chance! I am so glad I did. I think the double darts take a simple bodice and gives it a bit of a sassy edge! I am planning on writing up the petticoat tutorial tonight. Thanks again.
Cands said... (8/2/11 7:50 AM) Reply
great dress.
pdiddly said... (8/2/11 4:34 AM) Reply
your dress looks wonderful and I especially like the thrift shop bow
sewtofit said... (8/2/11 0:12 AM) Reply
That is a really nice color for gingham. I was required to use gingham in my custom patterns class, and I went with black...the instructor was facinated when I added a red belt and wore the "assignment" during class. It was fun, and so too your dress looks fun. I think that details are terrific.
Cristinagf said... (8/1/11 9:26 PM) Reply
Love it! Your dress looks very flattering and classy.
becca a said... (8/1/11 8:59 PM) Reply
What a lovely dress! Thanks for the thorough review and photographs.
miausiau said... (8/1/11 8:41 PM) Reply
Excellent fit and great retro look. I thought it was a vintage pattern for a sec. Unusual construction on the waist but how convenient for fit.
SewWil said... (8/1/11 8:19 PM) Reply
Very cute dress! Looks great on you.
Sewiing Sue said... (8/1/11 8:11 PM) Reply
Pearl bow is fun! All that gingham that matches--kudos to you! The skirt is full but not overwhelming. Lovely.
Christas said... (8/1/11 7:01 PM) Reply
Super cute dress! The fit is wonderful, and I love your fabric choice!
LorrieAnn said... (8/1/11 5:53 PM) Reply
You achieved a great fitting dress, and you look very nice indeed in it. I found your review very helpful, and I too would be most grateful for a petticoat tutorial.
JenniferMM said... (8/1/11 5:18 PM) Reply
This dress is so cute! (Btw, the pink and the lavender versions of this fabric are currently 75% off). Thanks for noting the length - at 5'10", that's always a concern for me too. I'd also be interested in the petticoat tutorial. Great job :)
persevering said... (8/1/11 5:02 PM) Reply
You look great in your dress and I appreciate your wonderful review (info on measurements/sizing is so helpful to me!). A tutorial on the petticoat (yes I linked to your Blog) would be amazing too - I'm interested especially to see how you dealt with the waist (like how do you keep the waist of the petticoat to be the least bulky possible).

by: Sheila457