Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6355 (MIsses Top and Dresses)

Reviewed by:3kids1036

About 3kids1036starstarstarstar
Member since: 10/10/06
Posted on:7/24/11 8:28 AM

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
JudiBee2 said... (10/22/14 9:56 AM) Reply
Very nice job. My tip would be: make a full front pattern and cut one piece. Check that stripes are the same in bith sides. For back, if there us a seam, cut each half separately by flipping the pattern piece. Check match, front and back before cutting. Baste first. Use walking foot for seams. Check every few inches for shifting.
Leu said... (3/6/12 3:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern. I love the maxi length! I have the pattern in my stash, but hesitate every time I look at the tank top picture--it is the dress I want but the picture is horrid. Yours, on the other hand, looks awesome!
kchow said... (9/16/11 5:38 PM) Reply
I love this dress on you! I just bought the pattern, so thanks for posting your picture of this dress.
3kids1036 said... (7/25/11 11:50 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone @marec no I didn't make it, I got it from the thrift store lol.
Obrooks770 said... (7/25/11 10:14 AM) Reply
Cute dress, it looks great on you!
Ach said... (7/25/11 8:46 AM) Reply
I've used Wonder Tape on the seam line - not in seam allowance kwim? Doesn't gum up the needle and washes out if any peeks out on rs. Love the look and adore your jean jacket!
Scheryka said... (7/24/11 9:25 PM) Reply
Chic. I like it. Love the length.
Barbara V said... (7/24/11 7:43 PM) Reply
Love your maxi dress in stripes. You look great in it.
Jacqui315 said... (7/24/11 3:38 PM) Reply
I'm loving the stripes! It's very flattering. I like that it has darts even though its for knits. As for matching stipes, I usually pin each stripe, too, then use just a sewing machine instead of a serger.
quixoticpixels said... (7/24/11 3:00 PM) Reply
Cute dress! I usually pin at one edge of every stripe and then baste and adjust before putting in the final stitching.
sewtime said... (7/24/11 11:18 AM) Reply
Cute dress!!
gernella said... (7/24/11 10:02 AM) Reply
I've just bought this pattern so I was really interested to see what it would like on someone who is not stick thin. I think this looks really good on you, in fact much better than the model. I will cut a larger size as I don't want it hugging too much.
Amanda.Claire said... (7/24/11 10:01 AM) Reply
This is adorable! I love how it is paired with the short jean jacket. I think matching stripes on jersey is so hard because of the nature of jersey. I'll check back to see what tips you get.
marec said... (7/24/11 9:52 AM) Reply
Cute dress, especially with the jacket. Did you make the jacket too? I just read about matching stripes...solosmocker's blog? I'm just not sure. Did you use a walking foot?

by: mochimo