Eureka! Pants that Fit.">Fun with Fitting - PANTS Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5366 (Western Shirt/Vest Mens Boys)

Reviewed by:Diana M

About Diana Mstar
WA USA
Member since: 4/19/04
Posted on:9/11/04 5:23 PM
Last Updated:9/11/04 5:26 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts    Kids(boys & girls)
edube said... (9/12/04 11:41 PM) Reply
I always have poor luck with Simplicity patterns so don't even bother anymore. I am not surprised about the poor fit. The most consistent good luck is obtained with the Kwik sew patterns, especially for men and they do have several different styles including a western style. Try Kwik Sew and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I have made 20 shirts for my husband with KS2777.
amyliza said... (9/11/04 11:05 PM) Reply
Thank you for your honest review of this pattern. My dad loves western style shirts. About three years ago I made McCall's western shirt pattern, 2453, and it turned out really well. My dad loved it and I had very few fit problems. I would do a review of it, but it's been such a long time and my parents don't live nearby (I don't have a picture of his finished shirt). A couple of views of the pattern do the same thing with the yoke-as-pocket-flaps, and that's the one I made, but it didn't look wrong on Dad. He's really well-porportioned, so I'm sure that helped. I understand how pockets and collars and yokes can overwhelm smaller people, and it's a shame the pattern companies don't think about making mens' patterns petite-able.
mamakooz said... (9/11/04 9:36 PM) Reply
I just bought that pattern at the labor day sale. Thank you for letting us know, my DH wears a med shirt so I think I will try a different one instead.
KathleenS said... (9/11/04 9:03 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, it's very helpful.

Favorite Things A Wallet Purse Pattern