Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> 81508 (Ebb & Flow)

Reviewed by:OP Gal

Last Updated:9/27/11 4:09 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Sweater knit fabrics

blue mooney said... (11/5/11 8:57 AM) Reply
Really appreciate your details about lowering the under-bust seam! That's an adjustment I'll need to make, too. Glad to hear you like this pattern so much - you have made very pretty tops with it!
JAS said... (9/29/11 8:28 PM) Reply
Cute top, love the stripes.
PatCSM said... (9/28/11 1:45 PM) Reply
Your shirt looks great. I love the way you used the stripes to add character.
Ody said... (9/28/11 1:11 PM) Reply
Obviously, a WONDERFUL TOP! I will do my review as soon as I get my picture account reset up. I made this top because it looked seeeeew good on Sondra. I must say that this is one of the most enjoyable garments I have made in a long time. The pattern is just drafted marvelously, and is a joy to construct. I did a high rounded back and ended taking two darts in the back neck to bring it back on grain. This pattern tends to want to sit off your neck and that technique cured that challenge for me. I am going to try Flow in the near future just because of the success of the Ebb pattern. I think it would look good in a finer fabric. Lastly, is there anything better than a sewing BFF????
Christas said... (9/27/11 9:54 PM) Reply
Oooh, both versions of your top are SO cute! What a great pic of you and Ody! I've never bought this line of patterns before. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.
Diane333 said... (7/25/11 8:45 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
carolynw said... (7/25/11 1:06 PM) Reply
Looks so nice and cool - been wondering about thsi pattern so your review is very helpful - needed to see it made up by someone more my size. Love your hair and glasses - very stylish!!
Kuby said... (7/25/11 11:59 AM) Reply
Nice top. It really looks great on you. I love the color!
Mufffet said... (7/25/11 11:24 AM) Reply
Lovely top, and both chic and Summer comfy! Lovely color.
no7262 said... (7/25/11 9:50 AM) Reply
Looks great OP! Nora :)
marthamyers said... (7/25/11 9:46 AM) Reply
Great combination of pattern and fabric. It definitely looks cool for hot summer time. Nice work!
Amanda.Claire said... (7/25/11 8:16 AM) Reply
Cute top! I really like Cutting Line patterns too. Thanks for the info about the under bust seam.
FreyaStark said... (7/25/11 4:38 AM) Reply
A very nice top, and thanks for a useful review.
renren said... (7/25/11 0:49 AM) Reply
I really like your ebb top; looks like you aren't the only one preferring it over the Flow, either, since the Ebb appears to be the only one reviewed. I really think I must get this pattern, if for no other reason than it's by L. Cutting and it looks very comfortable to wear.

by: WinterQuee...