Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2601 (Shaped Midriff Peplum Blouse)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:7/26/11 10:42 AM

olgarosita said... (7/29/11 3:17 AM) Reply
Nicegirl, thank you so much for your answer! :)
nicegirl said... (7/28/11 9:29 AM) Reply
olgarosita--the SBA is the same as narrowing a dart. Just overlap the tissue as though you are folding a dart to take out some width. There is a photo of how I did it on another pattern here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7573004@N06/3393851252/
olgarosita said... (7/28/11 3:59 AM) Reply
Nicegirl, wow, maybe I should start thinking about a way to eliminate ironing, what a time saver that would be! I hope you see this comment, because I forgot to ask you in my first one about how you narrowed the bust gather for SBA. I read your blog post but I don't think there was anything related to this. Thank you!
FreyaStark said... (7/27/11 7:45 AM) Reply
Two cute blouses. I love the polka dots, even undifferentiated.
MarianS said... (7/27/11 0:55 AM) Reply
They are all so pretty. You look great in this style. I love the polka dots, even if they are undifferentiated!
SewWil said... (7/27/11 0:30 AM) Reply
Both of your blouses are very pretty. As usual thank you for the great review.
nicegirl said... (7/26/11 4:43 PM) Reply
Olgarosita--I solve that problem by never ironing! I put almost nothing in the dryer and hang to dry. Most things dry wrinkle-free enough for my taste (=this is what it would look like after an hour of wear anyway). That said, I don't find a lining makes it too hard to iron, especially if the lining can take the same amount of heat as the fashion fabric.
Mufffet said... (7/26/11 2:40 PM) Reply
Great blouses! I love the coral one on you, and the block and white is a sensational pattern and looks great! SO - I guess you have two winners here! :) nice style for you. Extremely becoming.
mad stash said... (7/26/11 1:46 PM) Reply
They're both sweet! By the way, I think you might have coined a new phrase with "undifferentiated polka dots". Love it, only on PR! :D
marec said... (7/26/11 11:32 AM) Reply
These are so cute. I have planned on using this pattern for more than a year but it keeps getting set aside. I love your versions.
olgarosita said... (7/26/11 11:10 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouses, I love them both! I see that you prefer lining most of your garments, which I like, but I am always concerned that this would make the ironing more difficult. Especially when the lining is completely attached to the outer shell (at shoulders, hem, etc). I wonder if I am overthinking re: ironing :)

by: timesha