Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8380 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:redcleo

About redcleo
Member since: 12/23/08
Posted on:8/2/11 3:20 PM
redcleo said... (8/8/11 2:24 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the kind comments!
a life in stitches said... (8/3/11 5:50 AM) Reply
Lovely result. I'm pleased to see the lower neckline, having made this pattern with the higher version a few summers back, and thinking of trying the other style because it is a lovely easy dress to wear in warm weather. I like the way the straps work too, but I did find that once I had them in the right position it was worth putting in a few handstitches to secure them to the casing, on the inside. This saves having to re-position after washing. I remember finding the midriff band a bit close-fitting on first fit - so recommend anyone making it the first time to check that measurement carefully before cutting, or add a little extra on the side-seam allowance in case it's needed.
sewtofit said... (8/3/11 2:26 AM) Reply
I made this dress for myself. I think it is cute and very comfortable..thinking about making it long for my upcoming cruise. Yours is really nice.
The Funky Seamstress said... (8/2/11 11:35 PM) Reply
I have this pattern in my stash, with plans to make the higher neckline. I'm so glad I get to see it! Yours looks absolutely awesome! I especially love the fit at the back. Thanks for motivating me to make mine!
Sue Parrott said... (8/2/11 10:48 PM) Reply
I really like your dress! It is very cute on you and the fabric is perfect!
ButtonFaith said... (8/2/11 5:38 PM) Reply
This is a great view and avery pretty dress! I love the print and it made up so well in this pattern! You mentioned you didn't think it was flattering on you...I disagree! Good point about pockets being a good addition to this pattern.
redcleo said... (8/2/11 4:29 PM) Reply
It's on the inside... I often use flexi-lace for the inside of the hem, but tried ribbon on a skirt and liked it. I loved that this ribbon coordinated, but it was much too busy to put it on the outside. So it's like a secret, just for me. Like a lacy trim on a slip or a bow on a bra - no one else knows, but it makes me smile.
Laurie Lou said... (8/2/11 4:03 PM) Reply
very VERY cute! and the Fabric (from :) looks terrific with your red hair. I was curious why you used such a pretty trim on the inside of the dress or is it on the outside and I can't see it. You did a wonderful job and enjoyed reading your review.

Megan Nielsen MN2201