Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6378 OOP

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

McCall's: 6378 OOP by FreyaStark  McCall's: 6378 OOP by FreyaStark
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Margaret said... (9/12/11 10:18 AM) Reply
Very lovely robe -- wonderful print and ribbon. Thanks for this review. I actually have this pattern and you have made it up much more stylishly than I would have thought possible from the drawings.
fourkid said... (9/8/11 10:15 PM) Reply
Splendid! This is beautiful. I love the collar and the sleeve trims.
Calendria said... (9/6/11 2:12 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! absolutely gorgeous!
cleverclogs said... (9/6/11 7:32 AM) Reply
The mandarin collar is a really nice touch. Not empress of China at all- no corded frog closures! And to look like the head of St Trinians I think you'd need a fluffy perm. The sleeves however may be a fire hazard. Tell someone one else to do the cooking while you recline elegantly with a glass of wine.
jenleeC said... (9/5/11 7:14 PM) Reply
A very glam nightgown (not a mere nightie!). And I'm sure the St Trinian's Headmistress would never have cooked so the sleeves should not be a problem!
Heatherrique said... (9/5/11 3:34 PM) Reply
Sleepwear? Your gown has elegance and style. You could have guests over and they would not notice that it is a "night" gown, but maybe a comfortable "evening" gown. Very nicely done!
OlindaM said... (9/5/11 2:04 PM) Reply
I loved the review and the gown - leave the sleeves alone and get someone else to cook!
mendospot said... (9/5/11 11:54 AM) Reply
funny review! and lovely nightgown.
carolynw said... (9/5/11 10:47 AM) Reply
Love this - if I were closer I swear I would steal it. As a lover of long sleeves on dressig gowns I must however agree with Cathy LF - long sleeves are a huge hazzard in the kitchen - my DS just asked me to shorten hers drastically and tha tmade me think I should do the same - settled on elastic in the hems. Whatever - you do look very regal and as said I would steal it in a second
Mufffet said... (9/5/11 10:27 AM) Reply
I do love this. I love floor length robes with high collars and zippers. Very lovely fabric as well. :) My solution for the sleeves is to not cook in them and wear this to sit and read. :)
renren said... (9/5/11 7:58 AM) Reply
That is some very lovely fabric! How innovative to add the mandarin collar and the satin trim at the sleeve bottoms. Both definitely move the overall interest of the gown up a notch or two. The sleeve length seems ideal for keeping warm; however, I agree--use extreme caution around campfires. Oh, yes--fun review, too!
mssewcrazy said... (9/5/11 6:31 AM) Reply
This is a great review. I am very interested in vintage sleepwear patterns at the moment. The ones in the books now leave lots to be desired. That is a really nice robe.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (9/5/11 2:49 AM) Reply
I love the robe and the fabric is gorgeous. No, freyastark, the Empress of China did not come to mind. But I'll bet you end up shortening those sleeves. Long robe sleeves are always such a hazard in the kitchen, lol.

Onion 1040