Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1120 (Primavera Dress)

Review submitted in One Pattern Many Looks Contest

Last Updated:7/28/11 3:33 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people

nehmah66 said... (7/16/12 6:13 PM) Reply
I made this based on my measurements, taken by spouse. I found the back far too wide, going down 7 inches. The front waist seam and the back waist seams are not level. I will be taking the dress completely apart, remeasuring and cutting a new front. Then I will see how it looks.
brissie71 said... (6/26/12 1:52 AM) Reply
Beautiful dresses, Riesie. I don't have this pattern, but I think I just might be adding it to my wishlist! :-)
sissycat said... (9/3/11 0:23 AM) Reply
You did a beautiful job, excellent fabric and pattern choices. Can I hire you???
Annette1 said... (8/21/11 1:31 AM) Reply
Here you are, looking PRETTY AS A PICTURE in your new dresses. I love the length and the FIT. VERY nice. I like your hair, too! :o)
sewmodest said... (8/10/11 2:34 PM) Reply
Wow those are two nice dresses. I love the print on both, and they both look nice on you.
newmama said... (8/7/11 3:32 AM) Reply
I really like your dresses, they look very nice on you.
marjoriekh said... (8/4/11 6:28 PM) Reply
What a great job you did with all of your alterations -- both dresses look like they fit perfectly. Great to know that this works in both knits and wovens, too, since it looks like a real wardrobe staple.
cmarie12 said... (8/3/11 2:50 PM) Reply
Riesie - you look awesome in your two new dresses! You should definitely make this again!
ElizabethDee said... (8/1/11 1:18 PM) Reply
Lovely dresses -- and your review is so much fun to read. Thanks!
tutti frutti said... (7/29/11 9:08 PM) Reply
two beautiful dresses. nice work!
KathySews said... (7/29/11 8:22 PM) Reply
I really love this dress. They look great on you and agree you should make a winter weight one
KathySews said... (7/29/11 8:22 PM) Reply
Berniejh said... (7/28/11 6:11 PM) Reply
I'm in the middle of tracing this one off, I have greeny blue viscose to make it up in. Looks nice on you.
Elizabeth made this said... (7/28/11 4:58 PM) Reply
Nice dresses. The coral one is beautiful!
marec said... (7/28/11 4:29 PM) Reply
These are wonderful examples of how to change up a pattern to fit what you want. Cute dresses!!
Riesie said... (7/28/11 3:36 PM) Reply
Sorry - You are right, the pattern number is 1120, not 1118. I looked at one of the pattern pieces when I did my review, not the envelope, and it is mis-marked and says 1118. Should have picked that up when I inserted the link.
michellep74 said... (7/28/11 2:37 PM) Reply
Very cute! This is on my to-sew list for the next few months. It looks perfect for the office!
sewing addict said... (7/28/11 2:10 PM) Reply
Your dress are beautiful. I'd love to have a go at that one but when I tried to find 1118 on their site, I just got a jacket but not your dress.
RLL said... (7/28/11 12:22 PM) Reply
I love these on you. I am partial to the red with the round neck (I never have been fond of Vnecks, personal thing). Nice job!

Jamie Christina Mission Maxi Paper Pattern