Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3827 (Angled Front Jacket & Vest)

Reviewed by:Sewingelle

See other patterns in this category: Vests    Coat/Jacket
Sue Parrott said... (12/11/13 10:31 PM) Reply
Really cute!
yummymummy38 said... (12/12/11 7:18 AM) Reply
Wow! This looks very sharp, I would have not given this pattern another look... Great details, love the shape and that it's reversible
Sew4Fun said... (11/6/11 5:10 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! It looks great in your fabric choice and I like how you made it reversible.
Sewingelle said... (8/2/11 7:19 PM) Reply
I think wool melton would be ideal for this jacket. Just check your sizing first
WJean said... (8/2/11 3:00 PM) Reply
I went to your blog because I am very much interested in making this garment. The jacket looks wonderful and your sewing details superb. I am interested in the vest (and, I don't really care for vests!!), but your reveiw is so good that I know which fabric I am going to use to make this jacket. It's a black wool melton that I've had in my stash for quite a while. Do you think that will work? The back detailing on this jacket is what sold me. Fall and winter is on the way!Thanks so much.
becca a said... (8/2/11 2:32 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous jacket! I love the seaming in the back, the fact that it is reversible, and the raw edges. It is a bit big in the shoulders, but short of removing the sleeves and resetting them in trimmed armscyes, I don't see a way to change that. With a big sweater it should be fine.
Q Valley Mary said... (8/2/11 11:28 AM) Reply
Very classy jacket! Personally, I'm always glad when mine turn out a bit roomy, so I can wear whatever I want under the jacket and get more use from it.
Time4me said... (8/1/11 11:18 AM) Reply
Wow, I think I like your slightly looser version better. Really nice.
marec said... (8/1/11 10:54 AM) Reply
You made such good use of this double sided wool-I think the jacket is so chic.
sewbehind said... (8/1/11 10:44 AM) Reply
That is fabulous in a double faced wool. Looks great on you. Love the seaming in the back.
lcdrbetty said... (8/1/11 8:26 AM) Reply
Love your jacket...sharp looking lapped seams! Will keep your review in mind when I sew this pattern. Very nice job!

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2015-109