Pattern Reviews> Colette Patterns> 0003 (Sorbetto)

Reviewed by:cousue

About cousue
Member since: 1/23/08

Best Patterns of 2011
Posted on:8/4/11 3:27 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people
cousue said... (8/8/11 11:12 AM) Reply
Thanks for the comments. Michellep74: I'm short, small-boned and pear shaped. I've also come to sewing fairly late in life so I want things to fit well, not just so-so. If I had a dress form that duplicated my body I might have been willing to play with this longer, but when after two muslins an experienced fitter is telling you that the pattern is going to require a lot more work it's time to give up. I'm going to try develop some patterns from a dress pattern that the teacher and I made after copying and refining an old dress of mine. I'm also planning on making a sloper. Colette Patterns was having a promotion and I wrote the teacher about certain patterns. I've met with her four or five times, so she knows my body. I wanted her objectivity because it's a waste of time to save money with a discount if I'm going to spend loads more in time and money making it wearable. She recommended I stay away from everything but an A-line skirt pattern I had looked at. She said she'd spoken to other colleagues who'd worked with Colette Patterns and the fit issues I had were not uncommon. This is all part of the sewing process, I guess. becca: Yes, it's especially frustrating when a supposedly very simple pattern doesn't work out. As noted, the sewing would have been easy.
becca a said... (8/5/11 10:21 AM) Reply
It is always so frustrating when a pattern doesn't work out. I hate when that happens.
michellep74 said... (8/4/11 5:39 PM) Reply
Sorry to hear this didn't work for you. Can you tell us a little bit more about your shape? (Slim, pear, etc?) That would be helpful to others reading this review to evaluate whether this might work for them or not.
margk said... (8/4/11 4:52 PM) Reply
So sorry to hear this didn't work for you. I have the pattern ready to go but haven't tried it yet. And, yes, so many people love this pattern. Thanks for the review.

HotPatterns 1173