Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5618 (misses and women's jacket, top, dress, and pants)

Reviewed by:cmarie12

About cmarie12starstarstar
NJ USA
Member since: 4/8/03
Posted on:8/5/11 9:49 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Plus

Futuralon said... (11/27/14 9:49 PM) Reply
This same dress was my first garment and it was a total nightmare because my measurements just weren't happening. As hideous and ill-fitting the final muslin was, I ended up putting on huge pockets and keeping it and wearing it as a housedress/yardwork pinafore type thing. So I agree it has a lot of potential and would be a good pattern for a person to try adjusting to their fit for the first time (i.e. basic lines).
janey9 said... (1/23/14 7:54 PM) Reply
Very creative and super cute on you!
Annette1 said... (8/21/11 1:36 AM) Reply
SUPER CUTE OUTFIT, the way you've bordered your dress in the trim. I've looked at this pattern SEVERAL times, and now I suppose I'll have to get it -- ha! Great review, as always!
mssewcrazy said... (8/6/11 9:47 PM) Reply
I am so getting this pattern. When possible I always try to get the ones that become your tnts. I can tell already you will be working this pattern . Unless I sew it I have trouble buying a rtw tank unless I want straps showing. I never really thought of a true tank dress until I saw yours.
crazygrad said... (8/6/11 3:08 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I bought this at the same time as the infamous CC dress/vest combo. Glad to see this comes out so fabulously!
becca a said... (8/6/11 10:21 AM) Reply
The contrast band and binding add a cheerful summery note. Lovely dress.
Nancywin said... (8/6/11 0:56 AM) Reply
Nice summer dress. The contrast band and binding really look nice. Sometimes it's these inventions that give us the best design details!

Truly Victorian 110