Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2752 (Guy Laroche)

Reviewed by:Debra H

About Debra Hstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/16/04
Posted on:9/14/04 11:53 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

Nancy K said... (8/12/06 10:22 AM) Reply
I just bought this at a Joanns sale and I did so because of this review. Just gorgeous.
moushka said... (12/18/04 7:08 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! Thanks for the review. I'm losing weight and thinking of trying a shorter jacket. This one is so sharp looking.
Debra H said... (9/18/04 12:43 PM) Reply
I think that the cut on this is more shaped than the McCall's....the way the bottom flares out on the Vogue pattern is different. The sleeves also are very different....this Laroche pattern has a very unusual sleeve design...the undersleeve runs through the underarm and down the side of the jacket. This provides further shapeliness. The McCall's does not have much shape at the sides and sleeves are traditional. I thought that the photo was not very flattering...she kind of looked like a stuffed sausage...maybe too tight or something.
AnneM said... (9/18/04 10:37 AM) Reply
Lovely; I really like it. I wonder how this compares to that new McCall pattern (jacket only). Congrats on the digital camera, also.
Debra H said... (9/17/04 9:53 PM) Reply have made my week! I am so thankful for this website as it has really helped me pick good patterns and get good advice/inspiration. I hope that I can now help others the way I have been helped.
CarolynGM said... (9/17/04 9:45 PM) Reply
I am just about speechless over all the beautiful pictures you have been posting of your creations. They are all just beautiful.
Georgene said... (9/17/04 9:42 PM) Reply
This is sooooo good looking!
Danvillegirl said... (9/17/04 7:06 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket. I love the color, it's my favorite.
Debra H said... (9/16/04 1:23 PM) Reply
Hey, I just now got a digital hope to get my photos up by October. I am a size 10/12 in ready to wear so used a 14/16 combo for the pattern.
Jennifer shaw said... (9/14/04 11:41 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for reviewing this pattern. After seeing it in Threads as the designer challenge, I bought it. Any chance that you could share a photo? Would love to see it! Skymom, what size do you need?
Skymom said... (9/14/04 12:59 PM) Reply
This is the jacket that was used in Threads a fews months back to make three different types of tops. I'd love to see a picture of yours--sounds great. I keep trying to buy this pattern but it's never available in my size at my local stores. Grr!
redhead said... (9/14/04 12:13 PM) Reply
I would never have thought of this jacket for business, but it must really be striking! Now I will have to think about it--especially if it transitions so well to evening. Thanks for the review!
The Technique of Underlining Garments