Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8718 (misses jacket, top, dress, skirt, and pants)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:8/7/11 9:07 PM

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts
ocean girl said... (7/17/12 11:16 AM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful, and did I mention I liked the sleeves. I also liked the fact that like many of us with 35+ or more years of sewing, that we often change the pattern instructions so that they lend for an easier construction. I was glad that you mentioned that you also took in the sleeves at the edge. As a woman of mixed sizes , I often find that the sleeves are very large on me and not tailored to my needs. The top stitching makes a fantastic finishing detail and thoroughly adds to the classy look of your garment. You ought to be very proud of your sewing talents with this jacket and skirt combo.
ocean girl said... (7/17/12 11:15 AM) Reply
Dmd4106 said... (6/12/12 7:19 AM) Reply
great looking outfit.I too fell in luv with the sleeves.
Bonnie123 said... (1/26/12 12:13 PM) Reply
Great, I can't wait to make my suit. Yours turned out so well. Great color. I think that I am going with white.
QueenBeeOne said... (12/7/11 1:14 AM) Reply
Your did a very good job on this and it fits very well on you!! I hope I do as well for my daughter..She saw The Akris version and begged me to make it for her.
MareeAlison said... (9/9/11 2:18 AM) Reply
Amazing!
Mahler said... (8/23/11 9:37 PM) Reply
Again, I am impressed with your skills. This is such a great jacket. Wonderful project. Bravo Kay !!! The look is as good as the Akris jacket.
Margaret said... (8/11/11 11:42 AM) Reply
Great jacket!
sewbarbie said... (8/10/11 0:30 AM) Reply
I was curious about this one, I think it looks better on you than on the envelope. You did a great job.
Maree P said... (8/9/11 6:04 AM) Reply
Simply stunning...congratulations on a beautiful suit Kay.
Diane333 said... (8/8/11 11:24 PM) Reply
Just love reading and seeing what you make.
Lee-Lee said... (8/8/11 10:28 PM) Reply
As always, you do fantastic work, Kay! I'm regularly in awe of your precise, beautiful sewing, perfect fabric choice and fit.
khunter said... (8/8/11 7:32 PM) Reply
Fantastic!!! I want one too.
waltzqueen said... (8/8/11 6:49 PM) Reply
So chic! soo cooool. Your suit is wonderful, right out of the couture window! You look fabulous and like you're having waaaay too much fun!!! Perfect!
Sigrid. said... (8/8/11 4:27 PM) Reply
Gorgeous, as always.
Marge99 said... (8/8/11 4:24 PM) Reply
I love it!
peachfuzz said... (8/8/11 2:46 PM) Reply
this is absolutely phenomenal looking. Just killer.
21wale said... (8/8/11 12:41 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! It's a very flattering style on you.
Karine said... (8/8/11 9:33 AM) Reply
Your suit looks fabulous on you! And those sleeves... Your review was really helpful, reading how you did the sleeves with the ribbon and also the collar. The thread bars were such a good idea. Love the edge/top stitching too!
VirginiasDghter said... (8/8/11 8:27 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous! Good eye that you have to spot this jacket in the Collection. This looks fantastic on you. I have had this pattern for a little while - a few Vogue sales ago - I too was drawn to the sleeves. You've set a pretty high standard for me sew up to! When I get to it I am sure that I will refer to this great review! Thanks! This turned out spectacular! Great work!
jenleeC said... (8/8/11 8:22 AM) Reply
Your suit looks fantastic! The construction is flawless and I am in awe of your beautiful top-stitching! I have never tackled underlining but I can see it makes a big difference to the finish of the garment. Oh, to be back in the corporate world where I could wear such a wonderful outfit!
Fran G said... (8/8/11 7:44 AM) Reply
Beautiful fit, Kay. An unusual jacket that is perfect on you. Enjoy wearing!
Gold said... (8/7/11 11:07 PM) Reply
Wow nice looking outfit!
Sue Parrott said... (8/7/11 11:04 PM) Reply
I really like your version. i habe this pattern and plan to stitch up the jacket this fall so i thank you for your advice on the sleeve pleats!
SewWil said... (8/7/11 10:40 PM) Reply
What a wonderful suit! I've been eyeing this jacket for quite some time. Thanks for your detailed review.
Christas said... (8/7/11 10:31 PM) Reply
Oh, wow, Kay! That is one very nice looking jacket. I have looked right past this pattern over and over, but your version is very lovely.
Lynnelle said... (8/7/11 9:40 PM) Reply
Nice jacket, Kay. Tell me, what drew you to the pattern? =P
V8Mustang said... (8/7/11 9:18 PM) Reply
Wow - beautiful, and the whole outfit looks fantastic on you. The sleeves are fabulous. I wouldn't want to be the drycleaner who has to figure out how to press them!! Very impressive work!
sewingsilly said... (8/7/11 9:13 PM) Reply
Fantastic looking jacket!! Beautiful fit and flattering style.

by: sewinfranc...

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

Miranda Day Bag