Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1160 (Misses' Dress And Slip)

Reviewed by:lauramae

About lauramaestar
Member since: 4/28/09
Posted on:8/9/11 7:54 PM
Last Updated:8/10/11 3:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Lanoll said... (5/22/13 11:50 AM) Reply
I asked Vogue about this pattern because the hem looked so sloppy and there was a ready to wear tag in the photo. They said they purchased it from DKNY, with whom they have a licensing agreement. Yes the hem is supposed to be like that.
Nenewhis said... (5/9/12 12:11 PM) Reply
Another pattern in my stash to make for my daughter... Thanks for your wonderful comments, you review is such a great example of why I love this website. Great Job.
gabc said... (8/11/11 9:21 AM) Reply
Thanks for this comprehensive review. I muslined the bodice for this dress a few months ago and then stopped as I wasn't sure what fabric to use, so am really pleased to hear your views. I will have to make this for our (downunder) summer!
imsewcrazy said... (8/10/11 11:45 PM) Reply
Another amazing dress! I love all the dresses you make. They are all so beautiful and fit perfectly on you.
Maggiedoll said... (8/10/11 10:56 PM) Reply
Love it! Great use of that trendy challis! ..you're making me wish I'd ordered that one too!
iSewQuiltArt said... (8/10/11 7:09 PM) Reply
This dress is just lovely, wonderful fabric (and those shoes are GREAT with the dress!). I love the proportions of the design and your review is very helpful.
AuntieShel said... (8/10/11 1:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!!!
Nikoo said... (8/10/11 11:14 AM) Reply
Good god girl do you not nail it every time. Do you ever get wadders. All your clothes are just amazing!!!! You are so talented!!
Kim12469 said... (8/10/11 10:20 AM) Reply
Very cute! I bought some of this fabric too. Thanks for the inspiration.
cleverkitty said... (8/10/11 10:03 AM) Reply
yes I was confused too, the pattern shown does not seem to be the pattern you made. Looks real nice and the line drawing in your flickr helps to show the details.
SewWil said... (8/9/11 11:42 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress! I always enjoy reading your reviews.
Sue Parrott said... (8/9/11 10:52 PM) Reply
Cute! Great review!
becca a said... (8/9/11 10:32 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous dress! I was a little confused at first because the vogue pattern PR is linking to is an OOP pattern from the 80s. Your dress is lovely, and the review is very helpful. I will have to pull this pattern out of stash to see what the sleeves do!

Serendipity Studio Sew Serendipity Bag (book