Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1186 (Misses Jacket and Pants)

Reviewed by:Marge99

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Coastal Connie said... (2/5/15 0:02 AM) Reply

Coastal Connie said... (2/5/15 0:01 AM) Reply
Excellent review. I know I won't want to make this up as it would be difficult to fit well. You did an amazing job of it and I hope you're wearing it. Who knew that you could get fabric from a printer? That's really interesting.
Coastal Connie said... (2/5/15 0:01 AM) Reply
arianamaniacs said... (12/1/14 4:22 PM) Reply
Really creative, love your choice of fabrics
Bootzey said... (6/5/12 2:45 PM) Reply
You did a great job regardless. I think vogue is vague to keep you on your toes
Cynthia2 said... (10/2/11 4:28 PM) Reply
What a fabulous jacket? Thanks so much for the very helpful review. I'm about to cut this out and I'm glad to know about the missing instruction steps. Will also be sure to double-check the sleeve width. As so many others have said, it would be a shame not to wear your jacket. It's fantastic!
Kay Y said... (8/12/11 7:41 AM) Reply
It would be a shame if this great jacket stayed hidden in your closet. My suggestion? Shorten the sleeves. The too-long sleeves make it look too big.
prttynpnk said... (8/9/11 2:43 PM) Reply
this is too lovely not to show off- maybe you should give it away on your blog!
sfshaza said... (8/9/11 1:30 PM) Reply
Wow, that jacket is amazing. It would be a shame not to wear such a unique and interesting piece. The fit looks very good! I agree with Fran, put a snap on it, and a button for decoration, if you wish, and wear it to a nice dinner!
Fran G said... (8/9/11 6:06 AM) Reply
Your jacket is striking! Add a snap in place of a buttonhole and sew a button on top. Just an idea as it would be a shame not to get some wear out of this piece.
lesliez said... (8/9/11 4:04 AM) Reply
Your jacket is wonderful! I love how you pieced the fabric. I hope you change your mind and decide to wear it.
Kayseri said... (8/9/11 3:49 AM) Reply
What a great use of your unique fabric. I think it looks fabulous on you and it would be a shame if if languishes in a cupboard.
VogueMistress said... (8/8/11 11:12 PM) Reply
beautiful stitching!
Sewiing Sue said... (8/8/11 10:11 PM) Reply
Really lovely.
Maggiedoll said... (8/8/11 8:18 PM) Reply
That looks great. I agree with Clare, it would be a shame not to wear it! I'd looked at it and missed the part about "a piece of cotton used to clean printing machines," when I read that I did a double take. It really looks awesome. If you're not going to wear it you should see if you can find somebody the same size as you are to do a swap with.
RadarRadiance said... (8/8/11 5:03 PM) Reply
How cool and to think you used one piece of material that you salvaged!!! Great artistic imagination on your lay out, it looks fantastic!
Clareew said... (8/8/11 4:53 PM) Reply
Wow, you have done a fantastic job. it would be a pity not to wear it.

More Knits