Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2949 (MISSES' JACKET)

Reviewed by:whistlin dixie

About whistlin dixiestar
MA USA
Member since: 5/17/07
Posted on:8/10/11 7:03 PM
Last Updated:8/29/11 9:59 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

jlg said... (11/19/11 5:43 AM) Reply
Love this jacket. The binding is fantastic.
allycovey said... (8/30/11 5:21 PM) Reply
Oh yes I love the trim
taylormade said... (8/16/11 6:30 PM) Reply
I too love this pattern, and made it from fabric I got at Sawyer Brook! I agree with what you say about the size, although my fabric was a loosely woven boucle knit, so I'm not sure I would go smaller in a more stable piece like yours. Your treatment of the trim and pocket was wonderful. I would love to do something creative like that for a a little added flair. how did you learn to stencil the fabric?? Your blog was also a treat! Thanks so much!
pdiddly said... (8/12/11 2:15 AM) Reply
what a lovely jacket and the screen printing has turned out great.
moushka said... (8/11/11 10:37 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket, very flattering. I love the colours you used and your fabric painting is lovely. Enjoy wearing it this fall.
Sallygirl1 said... (8/11/11 3:25 PM) Reply
The colors are wonderful and the jacket looks as if it is fun to wear. Enjoy!
DorothyK said... (8/11/11 9:27 AM) Reply
You created a beautiful jacket. Your work is amazing. You picked the perfect pattern to use for your handiwork. I love the pocket.
a life in stitches said... (8/11/11 6:09 AM) Reply
This is wonderful, both for colour and shape. Your clever binding sets off the wool beautifully, and is so much better than those ready-made bindings you see that scream 'home-made'. Yours has very much a designer look. Do you know the Swedish designer Gudrun Sjoden? her mail-order catalogues always have inspiringly shaped winter coats in felted wool.
JillyBe said... (8/11/11 1:14 AM) Reply
Your artistry is so inspirational! I have some Marcy silk screens winging their way to me as I type...wish you lived closer so that we could play with them together! Love what you've done with this pattern, especially the pocket. I want to see MORE! ;D
carolynw said... (8/10/11 11:30 PM) Reply
Beautiful - I have used this pattern several times and like Ann I think it is a terrific pattern. Your version just adds to that feeling - love it
TrixieSews said... (8/10/11 11:03 PM) Reply
Terrific jacket! Love the painted detailing.
Ann Smith said... (8/10/11 9:49 PM) Reply
I love your jacket. The painting is awesome. I have made this jacket twice and think it is a great one. Too bad they sent it OOP.
prttynpnk said... (8/10/11 7:40 PM) Reply
Gorgeous and creative and the pockets are amazing!
Karendee said... (8/10/11 7:34 PM) Reply
This is a lovely jacket! Also while looking on your blog, I noticed your amazing knitting. Your workmanship is perfect and those child's sweaters are adorable.