Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2006-133 (Men's shirt)

Reviewed by:girlinthesea

About girlinthesea
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 7/26/10
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:8/14/11 12:14 PM

girlinthesea said... (8/16/11 10:27 AM) Reply
-Renren - Thanks :) -Elemenopeo- I definately can recommend the pattern even though it's not the quickest to whip up! Fabric came from a market stall here in London -- its a fairly thick Linen, with a loosish weave. The only thing I changed as a result of the thickness was go for only a single layer of interfacing in the collar (which I think is fairly standard for a shirt anyway). - NVK- There's been a lot of talk fo the riots in the sewing blogs from London, and I guess I just needed to add my two cents! But I'm glad it's not offputting, and I agree, even here in the UK some of the reporting has been pretty dismal!
NVK said... (8/15/11 5:07 PM) Reply
I really like your shirt.Your man wears the shirt very well. I read what you wrote about the riots in the UK. You added incite to a situation we do not get from the press in the US.
Elemenopeo said... (8/15/11 9:48 AM) Reply
really nice - where did you get the fabric? I have this pattern and DH likes your version too.
renren said... (8/14/11 12:57 PM) Reply
Fabulous photos of "R" and the locale in which you shot. Also love that linen shirt!

by: cleverkitt...