Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1259 (Misses' Top and Skirt)

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

ggf2005 said... (10/13/11 10:24 AM) Reply
your outfit looks amazing on you! great job. the large pattern pieces are what i've come to expect from the dkny drapey look.
Immelu said... (10/12/11 11:38 PM) Reply
Phenomenal review and blog! Thanks for all the info! I'm going to make this one now!
Athene said... (8/23/11 0:47 AM) Reply
You look great. Fabulous results and thank you so much for the detailed info on your blog. I bought the pattern and will definitely refer to your info if I ever make it.
Time4me said... (8/17/11 7:54 PM) Reply
Ummmmm... we're not worthy! Thanks for the amazing review and you look AMAZING.
Marge99 said... (8/17/11 1:45 PM) Reply
Wow, well done.
NJcowgirl said... (8/17/11 1:36 PM) Reply
Wonderful review. You really took your time to guide us through the process. You look fabulous!
Karine said... (8/17/11 7:58 AM) Reply
What a great review - your tips and advice are invaluable! Your dress turned out beautifully - and it definitely looks like "advanced" is the appropriate label! Nice job.
pdiddly said... (8/17/11 7:05 AM) Reply
Goodness seems a lot of hard work but the results are amazing
squirrellypoo said... (8/17/11 6:28 AM) Reply
Sue Anfang - Loops might work better, but with a snug collar like this, I think anything's going to pull. I personally think the neatest look would be an invisible zipper and leave out the back slit, too (which just gapes), but I will do just about anything to avoid putting zippers into knits! With all the gathering plus my longish hair, I'm happy enough with the snaps.
lakaribane said... (8/16/11 3:39 PM) Reply
LOVE IT! And great diagram but how scary is it that I will actually need a visual aid (and maybe a feline helper?) to make this one. But I want to! I even think I have a lightweight kniw in stash for it. Looks fantastic on you.
redrockcity said... (8/16/11 2:18 PM) Reply
Amazing! Looks fantastic! A real tour de force!
michellep74 said... (8/16/11 1:37 PM) Reply
This looks fabulous on you! And I love how you styled it with your very hair and makeup. Your review will be extremely helpful to anyone brave enough to attempt this.
manola6176 said... (8/16/11 12:28 PM) Reply
Your fabric choice is excellent, thanks for a very helpful review.
Sue Anfang said... (8/16/11 12:23 PM) Reply
Wow, what a fabulous outfit and a great, very helpful review, thanks so much! What did you think of the back neck closure as snaps? I'm thinking that button/loops might tive a neater look?
Twinset said... (8/16/11 11:49 AM) Reply
That's a great skirt/top combo! Love the color you chose!
imsewcrazy said... (8/16/11 10:43 AM) Reply
Your dress is GORGEOUS!!! And you look wonderful in it!!!
no7262 said... (8/16/11 9:40 AM) Reply
Just amazing! It looks like such a fun outfit! Thanks for all the tips that you documented! Very time consuming! Nora :)
Ericaeli said... (8/16/11 9:39 AM) Reply
This looks amazing on you! Thank you for putting so much time into decoding the pattern. After seeing your version I think I am going to add this pattern to my list.
Kim12469 said... (8/16/11 8:34 AM) Reply
I tried this top and got so frustrated I gave up. Thank you for all the diagrams and instructions. I may just give it a shot again. Love the pattern finished and your version is beautiful.
VtMartha said... (8/16/11 7:23 AM) Reply
This 'dress' looks fabulous on you! I am looking forward to making one too so I appreciate your taking the time to collect and share all your hints.
arianamaniacs said... (8/16/11 7:03 AM) Reply
What a great combination. I am wanting to make this int he near future. It looks great in that color!
Rebecca D said... (8/16/11 6:39 AM) Reply
You look amazing and thanks for an equally amazing and helpful review.
MegquiltsinVT said... (8/16/11 5:55 AM) Reply
Great outfit! Thanks for the comprehensive comments. I'm sure they'll be so helpful to anyone else who ventures into this pattern. Nice job - and perhaps you ought to be compensated by Vogue for your additional pictures & comments!
a life in stitches said... (8/16/11 5:52 AM) Reply
You are so brave to attempt this. And so nice to take time to provide guidance for anyone else who dares try! I often think these designs which have been translated from an original drape are rarely successful-after all every fabric is going to behave differently in terms of drape and stretch, and here the instructions sound appalling. So it's a pattern I'll avoid, but thank you for the helpful and entertaining review. The comment on Vogue's recommended techniques for knits is interesting - seems to come up a lot on PR. Are there other pattern companies that are more reliable?

by: 3kids1036