Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6399 (Misses' Tops)

Reviewed by:lauramae

About lauramaestar
Member since: 4/28/09
Posted on:8/17/11 7:39 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
AuntieShel said... (12/14/11 7:12 PM) Reply
Your blouse looks beautiful on you, despite your issues with the pattern. It seems like it should be pretty straightforward, but I am taking your review to heart and think I will scratch this one off my list. Thank you!!
Leslie Bonner said... (9/28/11 3:32 PM) Reply
It looks very pretty on you. I too was under the impression that this was for a knit although the pattern does include Jersey and Cotton Knits with the Crepe de Chine, Silk, Rayon, Challis, and Silk Crepe. I will definitely try the tissue fitting.
DRoos said... (9/20/11 2:33 AM) Reply
I wish I had read this review before this project! It seems that it should be straight forward but alas the multitude of 'fitting' adjustments etc made it cumbersome. I am not sure that I would do this one again.
Andreahg said... (8/18/11 8:00 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I just bought this one during a $1.99 sale and now I'm not sure it's worth the effort. The neckline looks lovely on you, but it sounds like more work than I was planning on.
TracyTheMaterialGirl said... (8/18/11 4:13 AM) Reply
Such a pretty neck line. It's a pattern I'm going to keep a look out for.
poppykettle said... (8/17/11 10:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review on this - it is a gorgeous top - annoying that it had so many hold-up points for you though!
Sewiing Sue said... (8/17/11 8:56 PM) Reply
The blouse fabric picks up the color in the skirt. Very nice.
Steffie said... (8/17/11 7:47 PM) Reply
I saw this pattern and didn't realize that it was not for a knit -- it looks much like a Vogue and Simplicity pattern that are both for knits. Even though you were challenged, your top turned out very nice. Thanks for the review.

Other Gerties NBBS Shirtwaist