Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4123 (Comfort Zone Pillows)

Reviewed by:Noile

Last Updated:7/17/05 3:34 PM

See other patterns in this category: Home Dec

Sweater knit fabrics

Sunnie49 said... (7/30/14 10:17 AM) Reply
Thank-you for this review (ten years later:)! I'm in the middle of making this and I needed to hear how someone else felt about the lounger pillow inner pillow construction, that the finished pillow is loveable, and it's worth doing again! I too am making some changes (higher side pockets lined instead of hemmed, and a drinks pocket at the front of the arms) to tailor this to our needs. I'm also writing copious notes all over the instructions sheets 'for next time' because as fiddly as this pattern is to sew, it's worth the 'Now why'd they leave that instruction out of the text but show it in the illustrations?!'. Let's just say that as a sewer with over 50 years experience and 20 as a sewing tutor, I feel this pattern isn't for even a determined beginner - but once moved along to advanced-intermediate, this lounger pillow is definitely worth doing again and again!
Mary Stiefer said... (7/17/05 4:34 PM) Reply
This looks great. I wouldn't mind make one of these since I read almost every night. A little piece of information that I found interesting is that (I think) these types of pillow is called a husband pillow.
ds said... (11/8/04 5:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I got this pattern not long ago with the intention of making some Christmas gifts but now I think I should consider a lounge pillow for myself. I appreciate the alteration suggestions as my family members are both very tall and very short. Sherry
Noile said... (11/7/04 0:40 AM) Reply
Thanks, Anne M, for your comment and the URL -- I didn't realize that I'd left it off. By the way, this bed pillow turned out to be the perfect insert for a huge leather recliner that I used to get lost in! Now it (and I) fit like a dream. Love those pockets in the arms, too -- I always have a book handy!
AnneM said... (9/18/04 10:47 AM) Reply
Great pattern! It has a wonderful collection of useful items. I've spent good money on those neck pillows before! Here is the pattern URL: http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/mccallspatterns/shop.cgi?s.item.400004123=x&TI='4123'&pageNum=1&M=&UK=30796309

by: gabc