Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1248 (AKO Misses' Top and Skirt)

Reviewed by:Marge99

Last Updated:8/20/11 6:46 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants

NJcowgirl said... (8/23/11 5:26 PM) Reply
It looks fabulous. You did a wonderful job. I have this pattern so I really appreciate your comments about the sizing! Thanks.
Batik said... (8/22/11 11:56 PM) Reply
Your fabric makes this skirt! I think it looks a bit steampunk.
Elke said... (8/21/11 8:12 PM) Reply
Great looking skirt...it looks fabulous on you!
Ebony mood said... (8/21/11 5:39 PM) Reply
I looooove this skirt! I have this pattern too and am now excited to make it.
Carolyn.S said... (8/21/11 8:55 AM) Reply
Oh, SO fabulous! I wish I had this pattern too (not in catalogue anymore sadly!), it is just gorgeous!!!
lesliez said... (8/21/11 0:36 AM) Reply
I love your skirt. I think it looks great in the softer fabric and I like the longer length. Bravo!
mmcp said... (8/20/11 2:50 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for this--I have had this pattern on my desk for about a month, so really appreciate the review. I have the 4-10 package, will def. check the sizes there before I start to cut! On my copy, you sew the ctr back seam in para. 33--after you've installed the invisible zip, which is where I'd expect to find it.
Marge99 said... (8/20/11 11:46 AM) Reply
Poor Jane Griffiths - if only she had a skirt like this one! I like the pockets on the website too.
mad stash said... (8/20/11 10:34 AM) Reply
Wow - thanks for the notice about the sizes on the skirt AND top! I think your skirt looks better than the pattern model. The length, fabric type and print work fantabulously. Sock puppets are cute too. :)
sfshaza said... (8/20/11 10:27 AM) Reply
Superb!
jenleeC said... (8/20/11 7:59 AM) Reply
What a fantastic skirt! I have just read through your blog and love the garments you have made...they are all the patterns I covet but have not been brave enough to make up. I am petite and would get lost in all the fabric but I still adore the designs. I even have V1476 in the stash!
Wino said... (8/20/11 7:59 AM) Reply
Love your review. never would have considered this pattern, but looks like a fun and interesting design. Thank you for pointing out the potential sizing issues.
FreyaStark said... (8/20/11 7:32 AM) Reply
A fabulous skirt, and thanks for a delightful review.
a life in stitches said... (8/20/11 7:27 AM) Reply
I think you've created an amazing skirt, and I enjoyed the humour of your review. Can I give you a quote from Barbara Burman's 'Pockets of History': 'In 1777, Jane Griffiths, a woman known locally for 'having a bad character', was... accused by Thomas Wainwright of stealing two live ducks. She had tried to hide them in her pockets and escape across the fields'. More info. on www.vads.ahds.ac.uk/collections/pocketsofhistory.html.
prttynpnk said... (8/20/11 7:17 AM) Reply
I love this- love the sock puppets!

by: IreneDAdle...