Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1004 (Misses' Fitting Shell)

Reviewed by:engk916

About engk916star
NJ USA
Member since: 9/6/06
Posted on:8/22/11 2:30 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
creativity said... (10/6/12 0:50 AM) Reply
Now that you have had it for over a year, did you find it useful in working with other patterns? It seems like it could make short work of discerning what alterations need to be made on other patterns without having to make a muslin. Has it been a time-saver for you? I have that pattern from years ago but never completed it. Maybe now I will.
NJcowgirl said... (8/23/11 5:41 PM) Reply
This is such an endeavor. I never seem to find the time to do this so I admire your work. it will be so helpful to you in your sewing. Congratulations on starting and completing it.
waltzqueen said... (8/23/11 2:30 PM) Reply
Gee, I have the fitting pattern, I guess I should actually fit it!! Yours looks terrific.
kes said... (8/23/11 8:04 AM) Reply
Great idea to spend this time to find out what fits, and will help save time on future patterns! I'm inspired to do this as well!
rmusic1 said... (8/22/11 5:21 PM) Reply
I've added interfacing to the fitting dress pattern pieces I use the most as it will last much longer now and is easier to handle. I found it really helpful to make one, and I'm glad you found it so helpful too.
ArtAttack said... (8/22/11 3:20 PM) Reply
Very interesting! This pattern has been around forever...I've never done this technique but you are inspriring. I especially like the idea of adding the interfacing...thanks!

More Knits