Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7795v (Misses/Misses Petite Dress)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:9/18/04 1:18 PM
Last Updated:9/18/04 7:24 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Harriet Rogers said... (9/21/04 9:52 AM) Reply
The dress does look good, even with all your problems. Here's a little trick I developed when both sides of fabric look alike. Before taking the pattern pieces off when cutting, I pin small pieces of paper on all the wrong sided pieces. (I pin in the middle of the fabric: that way no pins get caught in seam allowances when sewing). The pins and piece of paper are not removed until project is finished. Once I started doing this, all right side/wrong side mistakes evaporated!
Robie Kentspeth said... (9/20/04 8:39 PM) Reply
Due to previous experience (ahem) with the right side/left side problem, I have a solution that I used habitually. First, I determine which side is the right side. If I have trouble telling which is which, I just arbitrarily declare "Right side!" As I cut each piece out, before it leaves the cutting table, I put a safety pin in the right side. I use a pin sized according to the weight of the fabric; tiny pins for sheer fabrics all the way to giant diaper-size pins for thick winter coat fabric. They I know at a glance if it's the right side; if I can see the pin, it's the right side!
JDpenelope said... (9/19/04 7:18 AM) Reply
It sure does look cute on the dress form and in the pattern photo! I'm learning to mark fabric content before storing. Also, I'm terrible at "seeing" and "feeling" which is the right and wrong side. Often if I get confused I must ask dh, who quickly tells me which side is which, then I mark with blue painter's tape.
drsue said... (9/18/04 9:29 PM) Reply
Thats too bad. I was at South Coast Plazza today and many stores had things like this in the window. Maybe you should snoop shop and see how they stabilize their seams.
Dot said... (9/18/04 8:11 PM) Reply
I like your dress. What a shame it didn't work out. Maybe someone can offer you some tips to help you save it. I hope so.
pharmercoon said... (9/18/04 7:28 PM) Reply
Your dress certainly looks pretty. Sorry you went to so much trouble for something you won't be able to wear much. Thanks for the review. Kay

No Pattern Used 2013-3