Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> Fringe T (Fringe T)

Reviewed by:clothingengineer

About clothingengineerstarstarstarstar
Member since: 5/7/10

Posted on:8/25/11 9:15 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 27 people
Kuby said... (9/11/11 5:35 PM) Reply
I own another Hot Pattern for a blouse that I haven't tried. I did download this pattern, but haven't tried it. I guess I'm the opposite of you. I prefer to tape a pattern together on nice thick printer paper (I use legal size for PMB 5) It makes it easier for me to use a rotary cutter. I'm addicted patterns period, but I really get annoyed with negotiating those unruly tissue patterns. The shirt looks beautiful on you though and you did a great job.
tmo said... (9/8/11 4:26 PM) Reply
Your top is lovely. Thanks for the detailed review. I need to add - I had the same issues with printing and emailed Hot Patterns about a scarf measurement to use in place of a test square as there is none. No response has been received I currently harbor a great disappointment with Hot Patterns.
Danvillegirl said... (8/27/11 6:23 PM) Reply
Cute top!
AK said... (8/26/11 9:14 PM) Reply
Your top looks great. I had the same problem printing out the pattern. The way I fixed it on my Canon printer was to choose "borderless printing."
renren said... (8/25/11 10:56 PM) Reply
crazygrad said... (8/25/11 8:03 PM) Reply
GREAT top! Love that print!
Laurie Lou said... (8/25/11 4:52 PM) Reply
Love your fabric too! I debated about downloading but yours turned out great and as long as you put so much work into that pattern itself you should make quite a few of them! Lots of different ideas with the neckline...Like the roses on the site! Thanks for getting this review up for us!
katlew03 said... (8/25/11 3:47 PM) Reply
I have this half taped together and just received the fabric from so was glad to see your review. Your top looks great. Love the print.
michellep74 said... (8/25/11 12:59 PM) Reply
Cute top!
SewWil said... (8/25/11 12:32 PM) Reply
Cute top! I just saw this pattern on-line so I appreciate the timing of your review.
sewbehind said... (8/25/11 12:19 PM) Reply
Lovely top and appreciate your helpful review.
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/25/11 12:10 PM) Reply
Thank you for such a detailed review! Great looking top!
sfshaza said... (8/25/11 10:42 AM) Reply
This looks great!! Thanks for the detailed review, esp about your experiences printing it out.
Amanda.Claire said... (8/25/11 10:15 AM) Reply
Great review and really cute top! I would rather trace than tape too. I know my accuracy is better with tracing a large pattern piece than taping 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper...but free is free!!
Debbie Cook said... (8/25/11 10:00 AM) Reply
Very cute!
magpie57 said... (8/25/11 9:56 AM) Reply
I have never heard of printable patterns! This one is wonderful. Very flattering (as though your trim figure needs any flattering!) and I love the fabric you chose.

by: jpatel2013