Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5646 (Misses Tunic)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:8/29/11 1:31 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Leslie Bonner said... (12/27/11 2:21 PM) Reply
Very cool top, I love it with your lime pants.
Sar sews said... (11/26/11 11:37 PM) Reply
I'm so glad I came back for another look at this review...that front band process had me wondering and as I was sewing BOTH bits together in the final run, thought I would have another look!! The light bulb came on when you mentioned the word 'flap'!! Out with the undoer implement! Love your colour combo.
sfshaza said... (9/7/11 3:17 AM) Reply
Oh! You've posted some reviews lately that I managed to miss until now. I LOVE LOVE this top on you. I love how you've styled it with the chartreuse capris. Question - the dart almost appears to be part of the pleats. Is that possible? Anyway, I've been thinking of making this for myself, but I don't know if it will look nearly as good on me.
annelouise said... (9/2/11 0:58 AM) Reply
What a great top, I'm also heading into spring/summer & tropical at that so this one will defiately be a winner. I love the colour of your cotton and have something similar in my stash.
Beachcomber said... (8/31/11 1:57 PM) Reply
This looks very nice on you and looks well sewn.
VivianZ said... (8/30/11 8:06 AM) Reply
I like this top, esp in this fabric. I tend to avoid asymmetric hems, but I might have to try this one.
whistlin dixie said... (8/29/11 7:38 PM) Reply
I can always count on you to make and review a funky style with asymmetry. A very cool tunic that looks terrific on you!
SewWil said... (8/29/11 3:39 PM) Reply
Lovely top. Great fabric choice for this pattern.
Lynngray said... (8/29/11 11:35 AM) Reply
Looks very nice on you. Thanks
Barbara V said... (8/29/11 11:30 AM) Reply
Your tunic turned out beautifully! So pretty in that 1988 cotton embroidered piece. How many more pretty purples do you have stashed away? I too have this pattern and look forward to trying one of the views. Great job!
Patti B said... (8/29/11 10:52 AM) Reply
Great tunic! I've had my eye on this pattern and will have to put it on the list now.
DorothyK said... (8/29/11 10:32 AM) Reply
This pattern is a nice variation of the tunic style. I like the way it looks on you. Given your interest in pockets lately, I won't be surprised if you make View B at some point. I think View D is interesting also. I never would have noticed this pattern if you hadn't brought it to my intention. Glad to see some of that stash being used :-)
marec said... (8/29/11 10:28 AM) Reply
This top is just made for you. and your color choices are lovely. The fabric (1988!) is wonderful.
kkkkaty said... (8/29/11 9:29 AM) Reply
Poor view A..... but view c is great, and now this pattern is on my list! As always, love your top...
Elemenopeo said... (8/29/11 8:44 AM) Reply
ok I'm sold now - this is great on you!
Rebecca D said... (8/29/11 6:51 AM) Reply
Quite groovy.
prttynpnk said... (8/29/11 6:48 AM) Reply
I'm so glad you gave such a thorough review of this- it's lovely and I'd been hoping to see it. Great fabric choice,too!
mm said... (8/29/11 5:37 AM) Reply
What an interesting pattern. Your version looks lovely.
FreyaStark said... (8/29/11 2:55 AM) Reply
A highly original and stylish top, just the thing for summer. I love the fabric!
madebyj said... (8/29/11 2:03 AM) Reply
Brilliant top that really suits you - and the first review of this pattern. We are just heading into our Spring/Summer season 'Down Under' so this will definitely be a winner in the 'cool to wear' category. Thanks for the review :)

StyleArc Monica Pant