Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Vogue 7975 or Kwik Sew 3258">The Contemporary Couture Jacket Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3740 (Tops)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01

Best Patterns of 2010
Posted on:8/30/11 11:16 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
Deepika said... (6/11/12 7:12 AM) Reply
Thank you JEF. Since then I've made two more from this pattern. Its such a winner.
JEF said... (6/10/12 8:27 AM) Reply
Just saw this review when I noticed it on the sidebar. Pretty top and very flattering neckline. Love the width and depth of it.
jlg said... (1/30/12 9:35 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous: the top and you in it.
patsijean said... (9/24/11 4:20 PM) Reply
I would do as Sewing for Fun says, sew the cowl to the inside, so that it flips over the seam. I have actually seen this suggested in an article I read quite a while ago.
PhyllisC said... (9/1/11 8:05 AM) Reply
omg I'm so embarressed! I was reading your recent reviews and meant to post this on the outfit you made for your daughter! oops <3 ......this top is great too btw!
PhyllisC said... (9/1/11 8:03 AM) Reply
Such a cherub! Sew as much as you can for her right now, I did a lot when my two were young, then we went through a couple years where they enjoyed shopping more. But now that they're teenagers (almost 15!) I've been pressed back into service for clothes to wear to dances and soon for proms. Sewing for your children is teh full circle of life.
Leslie in Austin said... (8/31/11 10:31 PM) Reply
It gives me great pleasure to say "I told you so!" :-D Love your top (and I knew you would, too)!
sewing for fun said... (8/31/11 8:03 PM) Reply
I love your top! I sewed my cowl neck on so that the seam is under the cowl turnover and does not show... sewed right side of top to wrong side of cowl.
1SewSweet said... (8/31/11 7:05 PM) Reply
I love, love, love this on you Deepika! Truly beautiful fabric! I know what you mean about selecting the correct color thread when you have multi-colored fabric, but looks like you made the correct decision. Great top!!
AndreaSews said... (8/31/11 5:21 PM) Reply
Very pretty top on you, great fabric!
Raye Ann said... (8/31/11 1:44 PM) Reply
Very cute top! I just may have to get this pattern now:) With a little one around, I think that I will only be sewing quick and easy but SMART patterns for the next couple of years!
Sharon1952 said... (8/31/11 10:33 AM) Reply
Cute top! Does Dia get a matching one??
Jali said... (8/31/11 9:36 AM) Reply
Fun fabric and cute top! I love how Kwik Sew patterns end up mostly as keepers too.
FreyaStark said... (8/31/11 6:24 AM) Reply
A really cute top.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (8/31/11 4:11 AM) Reply
I was wondering about understitching the seam edge so it is interesting to hear it still rolls out. I have made a couple of these and it seems to depend on what fabric you use as to whether it rolls out or not. I love the fabric you chose for your version.
ArtAttack said... (8/30/11 10:05 PM) Reply
Adorable! Great fabric and love a quick sew up that results in a wardrobe builder...
Sue Parrott said... (8/30/11 10:05 PM) Reply
Love the fit and the fabric! Well done!
BlossomKyle said... (8/30/11 7:57 PM) Reply
Fun top! Great job Deepika!!
Seamingly Simple said... (8/30/11 7:49 PM) Reply
Wow! Fast and great looking! The pattern is a real winner.
Sew4Fun said... (8/30/11 7:12 PM) Reply
Lovely top! Nice to see you sewing too.
Vintage Joan said... (8/30/11 3:45 PM) Reply
It's beautiful -- lovely fabric! :)
SewWil said... (8/30/11 3:25 PM) Reply
Very pretty top! I need to get this pattern.
Terri A said... (8/30/11 2:08 PM) Reply
Great top!
Bobolots said... (8/30/11 12:53 PM) Reply
Oh that looks great!! I just got that pattern recently, but it just got pushed back to the top of the pile!
marec said... (8/30/11 12:00 PM) Reply
I like this top so much, especially the colors, print, fit, style...oh, that's about everything :-) You look great!
renren said... (8/30/11 11:34 AM) Reply
What a happy little top! I love the fabric (actually have some in my stash) and I can see why you plan on making more of these tops. Looks like a great pattern well deserving of the "Best of Year" stamp. Amazing to get it done in one evening, too, especially with a baby crawling around, merrily or not.

HotPatterns 1168