Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8755 (Misses' Tunic, Dress and Pants)

Reviewed by:tashaSG

Last Updated:9/17/11 2:29 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Pants
JenniferMM said... (10/7/11 11:09 AM) Reply
Very cute dress! Well done!
Stacie Thinks said... (9/18/11 3:58 PM) Reply
very cute and a great fit!
sewbehind said... (9/18/11 11:42 AM) Reply
Wonderful work for a first dress, or for any dress for that matter. It looks very nice on your friend.
NJcowgirl said... (9/1/11 10:53 AM) Reply
OMG first dress! It looks wonderful. The inexpensive fabric looks lovely and not inexpensive at all. Sizing and fitting can be a pain but it is worth the effort. Hope it fits your friend and now it's time to make another beautiful dress for you in size 6.
21wale said... (8/31/11 10:53 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!
Christas said... (8/31/11 5:26 PM) Reply
It's hard to believe you are a beginner! Your dress looks so nicely sewn. So sorry about the extra ease.
AndreaSews said... (8/31/11 5:10 PM) Reply
Great work, Tasha. Very lovely dress. I hope you can save it to fit you or your friend.
stitchywitch said... (8/31/11 2:13 PM) Reply
Lovely! I wasn't going to get this pattern, but now I think I need it. And yes, patterns run big... I always cut 2 sizes down from the recommended size in the bust.
tashaSG said... (8/31/11 1:14 PM) Reply
Thank you all so much for your advice and compliments! I'm so glad I joined this site. :)
lespoe said... (8/31/11 1:00 PM) Reply
Nice job on the sewing. We all make mistakes and learn from them. I once was told you are not sewing unless you are doing some ripping. Keep at it!!
redrockcity said... (8/31/11 11:57 AM) Reply
beautiul!
jenleeC said... (8/31/11 10:57 AM) Reply
Wow, my first reaction when I saw your photo was "beautifully sewn" and then I read your review and discovered you're a beginner and this is your first dress!! Fantastic work! I hope your lucky friend is a good fit for the dress.
Tina Lou said... (8/31/11 10:42 AM) Reply
Classic, beautiful dress. Now's the time to channel Tim Gunn ("make it work!") I'm going to add this to my wishlist right now!
ArtAttack said... (8/31/11 10:21 AM) Reply
It's beautiful! What gorgeous work for a beginner...you truly have an eye for what works. Stick with the fitting issue...it's downhill from there!
carolynw said... (8/31/11 10:06 AM) Reply
That's too bad about the fit because your work looks top notch - do hope your friend can make use of it.
Claverie said... (8/31/11 9:49 AM) Reply
Wow, you truly envisioned something out of this pattern and it turned out beautiful. Simple. Beautiful.

Twinkle Sews Cool Contrasts