Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7633 (SUIT)

Reviewed by:Pinkytoo

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Suits / Separates
JTink said... (9/3/11 5:31 PM) Reply
Pinky this is just lovely.
blue mooney said... (9/3/11 8:06 AM) Reply
The next one will be dynamite!
renren said... (9/2/11 6:49 PM) Reply
When I saw the photo, I thought, "I'll never be able to make anything like that!!!" So, I thought it was really great and quite wonderfully crafted, but I guess we all know there's more than that to get something we love (I rarely get something I love, but when I do, I fall in love with sewing all over again.) You at least don't seem devastated that it fell short of your hopes, which is a good thing. I love the color, too.
marec said... (9/2/11 1:04 PM) Reply
I think this is a super suit for you. I like the jacket length-maybe what you are bothered by is the proportion of jacket to skirt? It is a beautiful suit on you and such wonderful workmanship! I hope you continue to wear it, or each piece separately :-)
ALY said... (9/2/11 11:34 AM) Reply
It is a pretty summer suit, the style and color look great on you. The jacket hits you at high hip, same as on the models. Maybe you prefer longer jackets. I believe the Burda garment lengths are shown on the line drawings on the back of the pattern envelope. I always compare them to the lengths of RTW jackets that I feel look good on me.
sewcool21 said... (9/2/11 9:29 AM) Reply
The suit look awesome! It is a shame to see so much hard work go into something you are not happy with. Dont worry the second time you will make it will end up ten times better!
NancyAnn2 said... (9/2/11 3:49 AM) Reply
I wonder if the belt is removeable and if the jacket could be worn open (with the proposed bouse). Its drapy qualities might then be an asset!
Terri A said... (9/2/11 2:59 AM) Reply
That is annoying - but now your second try will be perfected and you'll love the results.
Raye Ann said... (9/1/11 11:12 PM) Reply
I agree that the color is great for you and I really like the overall shape and design on you! Sorry you worked so hard on something that turned out kind of meh... Maybe second time will be the charm?
Patti B said... (9/1/11 10:58 PM) Reply
Bummer! It is a pretty color and looks nice but is perhaps missing the punch you had hoped for. I completely sympathize with the oops on matching fabric to pattern -- all too common an experience!

Understanding Wool Fabrics