Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2444 (Misses' Dresses)

Reviewed by:birdmcfarland

About birdmcfarlandstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 8/1/08
Posted on:9/4/11 4:52 PM
Last Updated:9/4/11 4:55 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
DKG said... (12/20/11 9:07 PM) Reply
How serendipitous to find your fabric like that - it was meant to be! And what a lovely frock - just divine on you. Enjoy stepping out in it - silk is just wonderful to wear. You've encouraged me to get this pattern.
Hooptastic said... (9/28/11 11:35 AM) Reply
FANTASTIC - and love love love the shoes...
birdmcfarland said... (9/5/11 11:34 AM) Reply
I was in Baltimore at Whole Foods yesterday and some guy stopped me and said "my son would love that dress!"
Rosesred said... (9/5/11 11:22 AM) Reply
What an awesome dress! and the perfect pattern to showcase it.
sewbehind said... (9/5/11 10:02 AM) Reply
What a stroke of good fortune that you got this fabric! Love it. You look great in your dress.
mm said... (9/5/11 9:43 AM) Reply
Enjoy your dress. It looks great.
JudyHan said... (9/5/11 7:35 AM) Reply
very AWESOME!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (9/5/11 3:02 AM) Reply
I loved the fabric the moment I saw it and I'm in love with your dress. It's wonderful you've found so much joy in your treasure.
Larkin said... (9/5/11 0:13 AM) Reply
Super cute. I love the red sash. Your dress looks amazing!
miausiau said... (9/4/11 10:07 PM) Reply
GREAT fabric!! Bugs on silk. It doesn't get any better, except when you make it into a sweet dress.
jenleeC said... (9/4/11 9:32 PM) Reply
Love it!! I bet when you are walking down the street people do a double take when they register what the print is on your dress!
Sewiing Sue said... (9/4/11 8:16 PM) Reply
Fabulous. I like the sash, too, rather than the contrast color waistband. Beautiful job on zipper and lining.
persevering said... (9/4/11 8:13 PM) Reply
Wow, how fabulous you scored on this fabric - yes the dress is lovely. (I do love all your photography ... and the clothes you make ... everything about your sewing (sizing, etc) is so helpful to me as I like your taste in styles and I think we are pretty close in measurements (though I'm only 5'4" and have to reread all your postings to understand your sizing/measurements so it can really help me). Anyways, (maybe? LOL) I feel empowered to actually sew (only been perusing here for 2+ years :-0, honestly I used to make a lot/most of my clothes some decades back and I really believe I'll get back into it ... Thanks for your posting!
marec said... (9/4/11 7:56 PM) Reply
It is so cute! I'm happy to see this-I remember you mentioning it on the boards. Now, I find it ironic that it is made of ...silk.
Elemenopeo said... (9/4/11 7:42 PM) Reply
Great dress! What a stroke of luck to find that fabric and make the dress.

SewBaby Animal Mittens Pattern