Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6802 (Misses Knit Dresses)

Reviewed by:whirrclunk

About whirrclunkstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 8/24/08
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:9/4/11 10:30 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

Norsecross said... (3/19/13 10:56 PM) Reply
I think your sloper fabric didn't help your cause either, it looks like it doesn't fall effortlessly. I wouldnt be happy with those belly gathers either! And the empire seam shows underneath, good grief! This pattern has an allergic reaction to you! Gosh.
debsie said... (3/17/13 6:24 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a detailed review on something that you don't feel worked for you. I think you have just saved me from making the same mistake, I have a lot of similar fitting issues such as small high bust and I think the lightbulb's just gone on for why similar styles often don't work for me.
ghijsmom said... (9/5/11 8:51 AM) Reply
The back looks good except it needs to be adjust in the lower back to remove the wrinkles. The fabric doesn't look like it has enough body to hold puffed sleeves. It maybe would look better in a fabric with more body and a colour that suits you better. I think it looks pretty good.
Victoria B said... (9/4/11 2:06 PM) Reply
Such a pretty dress!
mad stash said... (9/4/11 1:51 PM) Reply
Maybe wear it a couple of times before tossing it. I swear, it's a stylish dress that looks very cute on you. I wouldn't think you're preggo. Had to add my $.02.
renren said... (9/4/11 11:40 AM) Reply
Yes, the pictures look fine, but it really sounds to be unwearable by you for several reasons. I'm glad you are able to cut your losses and just move on! Thanks for the review.
becca a said... (9/4/11 10:54 AM) Reply
Thank you for sharing your frustration with this pattern. It is very useful to know what doesn't work. Your pictures look cute. It is always frustrating when a project doesn't work out.

Style 1646