Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 9949 (Crafts)

Reviewed by:lisalu

About lisalustar
Member since: 10/5/08
Posted on:9/4/11 8:50 PM
Last Updated:3/21/12 10:08 AM

See other patterns in this category: Accessories
Hilary said... (2/5/14 9:32 AM) Reply
Great looking bags! And I agree about the lack of lining instructions! I recently helped my DSIL make a little makeup bag (view E, I think) and she was so excited to make it, but I couldn't believe the poorly finished inside. We improved it a bit by doubling the fabric at the bottom, and finishing the seams with at least a zig-zag; I would have done more but we were short on time. Still she was happy and we made the tissue cover as well.
Holmar said... (12/3/12 8:49 AM) Reply
Great review...I just bought this pattern to make christmas presents for my daughter-in-laws...Thanks for letting us know about the no-lining issue...I will be making linings for sure. I also like your idea to add pockets to the inside. You made some lovely bags!
goosegreen said... (4/14/12 8:40 PM) Reply
I think your bags looks great & agree totally with you regarding the lining. I can't believe they don't line these bags!
Elemenopeo said... (3/21/12 2:14 PM) Reply
cute bags - great review
DianasThread said... (3/21/12 10:52 AM) Reply
Great bags! Strange that they didn't have lining instructions, although I have seen similar high-end bags with Hong Kong finished interior seams.
rtrittel said... (9/5/11 12:16 PM) Reply
Love your bag! The fabric is great. Thanks for the warning about the pattern - I've made several bags and can't imagine not lining them. Lovely job on yours-well done!

Lolita Patterns Spearmint Paper Pattern