Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8536 (MISSES' TOP)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:9/5/11 11:40 PM
Last Updated:4/21/13 12:19 PM

cleverkitty said... (4/21/13 8:42 PM) Reply
love this top, fits you perfectly!!!
FreyaStark said... (4/21/13 5:41 PM) Reply
A great top and a perfect fit. I have some striped fabric exactly like that so thanks for the reminder.
Dilliander said... (4/21/13 5:37 PM) Reply
I have this pattern, thanks for the heads up :) your tees are lovely.
Amanda.Claire said... (4/21/13 5:30 PM) Reply
Your tee is too cute! I love this pattern also. Thanks for the reminder.
ArtAttack said... (4/21/13 5:00 PM) Reply
Long time, no see! Have missed your reviews. Yes, this is one heck of a basic tee pattern and this cute version again shows it and begs the question, "why do we stray?"
marec said... (4/21/13 4:33 PM) Reply
What a great looking tee. The stripes are wonderful and I like the layering.
miausiau said... (4/21/13 1:06 PM) Reply
Don't worry about the "lay flat" stuff. I always drape my rayons over a drying rack with no ill effects. Right on trend with the stripes!
BlossomKyle said... (3/23/13 11:33 PM) Reply
this looks really really really great! I am on a mission for a TNT t-shirt pattern and I already have this in stash. thanks for your review!
GayMcDonell said... (11/13/11 0:04 AM) Reply

GayMcDonell said... (11/13/11 0:03 AM) Reply
Ok, so now I'm worried that cotton is going to become extinct ...hmm.. great top - I like how it's close fitting and neat (not a scrub top) - I'm pretty sure I have this pattern lurking around - so thanks for the reminder!
Margaret said... (9/12/11 10:12 AM) Reply
Nice looking top -- I don't think it looks like a scrub top either -- much more nicely fitted!
Amanda.Claire said... (9/6/11 6:51 PM) Reply
Great looking t-shirt!! I am happy to say that I am in possession of this pattern.
sfshaza said... (9/6/11 1:02 PM) Reply
This top is very cute! I would never have thought of "scrubs"!
marjoriekh said... (9/6/11 11:16 AM) Reply
This high mock-wrap neck is very flattering on you. Thanks for all the fitting info. I am in the hunt for the all-purpose something-extra T-pattern -- am going to take a harder look at this one.
sewing for fun said... (9/6/11 11:02 AM) Reply
Barb, your tops are always so NICE!!! Looks wonderful, as usual for you. I have it in my stash and truly need to get around to sewing it up. You are an inspiration.
Knitz said... (9/6/11 10:49 AM) Reply
Nice top, and a good (and funny!) review. Karen
Rosesred said... (9/6/11 9:38 AM) Reply
What a great basic T! Just goes to show that a well fitted basic can look really chic.
Christas said... (9/6/11 9:33 AM) Reply
This definitely doesn't look like a scrub top; it looks very nice and has cute extra details to make it cuter than a regular T. Nice sewing!
Elke said... (9/6/11 8:52 AM) Reply
Looks great on you! Terrific fit and style!
Fran G said... (9/6/11 8:21 AM) Reply
Looks great..comfy and chic. Thanks for the review..always helpful.
cleverkitty said... (9/6/11 8:10 AM) Reply
I'm writing this pattern down, I love it especially the mock neck, I could live in this top for the winter. great fit and I'm with you on where is cotton....
no7262 said... (9/6/11 8:01 AM) Reply
Love this top! It looks great on you and it in no way looks like a scrub top! Nora :)
AndreaSews said... (9/6/11 6:33 AM) Reply
I've worn many a scrub top in my day, and your very cute top does not remind me of a scrub top at all. It is a great fit on you, looks quite nice, and the mock wrap detail adds a nice touch. Ps. No MO arms here, either.
AndreaSews said... (9/6/11 6:31 AM) Reply
Oops!
Mushywear said... (9/6/11 2:54 AM) Reply
Your t-shirt looks fantastic! From this former med/surg RN, I can assure you that this does not make me think of a scrub top at all :)
FreyaStark said... (9/6/11 0:42 AM) Reply
It doesn't look like a scrub top to me, but then I don't frequent hospitals much. It looks smart and a perfect fit - well done.
renren said... (9/5/11 11:55 PM) Reply
Yep, another great top from MNBarb who may just be gearing up for another MNWinter. (P.S. Just don't drape a stethoscope around your neck and I think you'll be alright.) I came back for a closer look at this pattern: I have added it to my "buy" list.

Oliver + S Cozy Winter Hood