Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8536 (MISSES' TOP)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:9/5/11 11:40 PM
Last Updated:4/21/13 12:19 PM

cleverkitty said... (4/21/13 8:42 PM) Reply
love this top, fits you perfectly!!!
FreyaStark said... (4/21/13 5:41 PM) Reply
A great top and a perfect fit. I have some striped fabric exactly like that so thanks for the reminder.
Dilliander said... (4/21/13 5:37 PM) Reply
I have this pattern, thanks for the heads up :) your tees are lovely.
Amanda.Claire said... (4/21/13 5:30 PM) Reply
Your tee is too cute! I love this pattern also. Thanks for the reminder.
ArtAttack said... (4/21/13 5:00 PM) Reply
Long time, no see! Have missed your reviews. Yes, this is one heck of a basic tee pattern and this cute version again shows it and begs the question, "why do we stray?"
marec said... (4/21/13 4:33 PM) Reply
What a great looking tee. The stripes are wonderful and I like the layering.
miausiau said... (4/21/13 1:06 PM) Reply
Don't worry about the "lay flat" stuff. I always drape my rayons over a drying rack with no ill effects. Right on trend with the stripes!
BlossomKyle said... (3/23/13 11:33 PM) Reply
this looks really really really great! I am on a mission for a TNT t-shirt pattern and I already have this in stash. thanks for your review!
GayMcDonell said... (11/13/11 0:04 AM) Reply

GayMcDonell said... (11/13/11 0:03 AM) Reply
Ok, so now I'm worried that cotton is going to become extinct ...hmm.. great top - I like how it's close fitting and neat (not a scrub top) - I'm pretty sure I have this pattern lurking around - so thanks for the reminder!
Margaret said... (9/12/11 10:12 AM) Reply
Nice looking top -- I don't think it looks like a scrub top either -- much more nicely fitted!
Amanda.Claire said... (9/6/11 6:51 PM) Reply
Great looking t-shirt!! I am happy to say that I am in possession of this pattern.
sfshaza said... (9/6/11 1:02 PM) Reply
This top is very cute! I would never have thought of "scrubs"!
marjoriekh said... (9/6/11 11:16 AM) Reply
This high mock-wrap neck is very flattering on you. Thanks for all the fitting info. I am in the hunt for the all-purpose something-extra T-pattern -- am going to take a harder look at this one.
sewing for fun said... (9/6/11 11:02 AM) Reply
Barb, your tops are always so NICE!!! Looks wonderful, as usual for you. I have it in my stash and truly need to get around to sewing it up. You are an inspiration.
Knitz said... (9/6/11 10:49 AM) Reply
Nice top, and a good (and funny!) review. Karen
Rosesred said... (9/6/11 9:38 AM) Reply
What a great basic T! Just goes to show that a well fitted basic can look really chic.
Christas said... (9/6/11 9:33 AM) Reply
This definitely doesn't look like a scrub top; it looks very nice and has cute extra details to make it cuter than a regular T. Nice sewing!
Elke said... (9/6/11 8:52 AM) Reply
Looks great on you! Terrific fit and style!
Fran G said... (9/6/11 8:21 AM) Reply
Looks great..comfy and chic. Thanks for the review..always helpful.
cleverkitty said... (9/6/11 8:10 AM) Reply
I'm writing this pattern down, I love it especially the mock neck, I could live in this top for the winter. great fit and I'm with you on where is cotton....
no7262 said... (9/6/11 8:01 AM) Reply
Love this top! It looks great on you and it in no way looks like a scrub top! Nora :)
AndreaSews said... (9/6/11 6:33 AM) Reply
I've worn many a scrub top in my day, and your very cute top does not remind me of a scrub top at all. It is a great fit on you, looks quite nice, and the mock wrap detail adds a nice touch. Ps. No MO arms here, either.
AndreaSews said... (9/6/11 6:31 AM) Reply
Oops!
Mushywear said... (9/6/11 2:54 AM) Reply
Your t-shirt looks fantastic! From this former med/surg RN, I can assure you that this does not make me think of a scrub top at all :)
FreyaStark said... (9/6/11 0:42 AM) Reply
It doesn't look like a scrub top to me, but then I don't frequent hospitals much. It looks smart and a perfect fit - well done.
renren said... (9/5/11 11:55 PM) Reply
Yep, another great top from MNBarb who may just be gearing up for another MNWinter. (P.S. Just don't drape a stethoscope around your neck and I think you'll be alright.) I came back for a closer look at this pattern: I have added it to my "buy" list.

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)