Pattern Reviews> J Stern Designs> 0041 (The Tee)

Reviewed by:AndreaSews

Other Projects by AndreaSews using this Pattern

Swim Style Patterns

Swimwear Gymwear Patterns

AndreaSews said... (9/7/11 9:19 AM) Reply
Thank you all for your comments. It really is great how generous Jennifer is with fit info online. I forgot to mention that she included a note with the pattern to email her if there were any fit questions. How nice is that?! Sewing for fun, in preparation to cut another tee, I reviewed Jennifer's info regarding fit. She recommends if your full bust is> 2" larger than your high bust, to cut one size smaller on the upper two pattern pieces, which I will need to do, and probably dart out a little more up there. I looked at the Women's sized Tee also - did you try it? I may try it at some point - perhaps it will be a better fit for my more "mature" figure.
pammieh said... (9/6/11 11:48 PM) Reply
What a wonderful top! I love how Jstern drafts her patterns - you've done a great job!
sewing for fun said... (9/6/11 10:40 AM) Reply
I agree with your fitting comments. I had to do a really big FBA on this to get a proper fit, I started from a large I think, based on her blog with FBA instructions. I had the same problems with markings, too. When I met Jennifer at a show, she suggested starting with the women's size tee, even though my other measurements are much smaller. See: http://jsterndesigns.blogspot.com/2010/05/introducing-womens-jeans-pattern.html
Patti B said... (9/6/11 9:50 AM) Reply
That's a pretty darned good fit for no alterations; the next one will be just perfect. Jennifer is so generous with her info on her blog.
renren said... (9/6/11 9:16 AM) Reply
Thanks for bringing this pattern to my attention. It looks quite useful and your review covered all of the bases. It's especially good to know about the extra info in the online videos and at the pattern site. I'm lookin' into this one!
becca a said... (9/6/11 7:03 AM) Reply
Thanks for the very thorough review! This looks like a nice versatile tee pattern. I will have to pull it out of the stash.
FreyaStark said... (9/6/11 0:36 AM) Reply
It looks like a comfortable that fits very well. What more could you ask? Thanks for a useful review.

Kwik Sew 2303