Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5680 (Misses' Wrap and Jacket)

Reviewed by:bemodi

About bemodi
NS CANADA
Member since: 10/12/07
Posted on:9/6/11 6:33 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
CorgieMom said... (1/7/12 10:32 PM) Reply
I'm sitting here with View D wrapped around my shoulders...that's how this garment feels. One long rectangle of fabric with 2 seams in the back, which has a pulling sensation so it feels wrapped on my shoulders. Nothing about it works as the pattern is printed. View B may have enough fabric to put a pin on the front, but View D doesn't. Trying to do so, feels like it's pulling. The back doesn't lay like the picture. I need to hem the sleeves and back bottom, but it needs something more than that to make it work. It's ashame that Butterick didn't review/make the garments. If they did, I doubt the pattern would exist. Shame to put money into fabric for a pattern that simply doesn't work. There's no way for the garment wrapped around me right now will EVER look like the picture.
anncie1 said... (10/7/11 9:59 AM) Reply
Hi there. I love this look. You might want to check out DVF's winter collection to get you on board with the whole "ease" thing. She does a wonderful job and this is a great pattern to mimick her thoughts. It's about big and layering this winter.
slvrfx said... (9/21/11 0:38 AM) Reply
Unfortunately i made view D without checking with PR as well. It is truly a mess too much fabric and it flops all around. One piece but it just looks like a wadded up piece of fabric. Not pleased to say the least.
slvrfx said... (9/21/11 0:38 AM) Reply
Q Valley Mary said... (9/7/11 12:22 PM) Reply
I think you could also wear this vest over a coat for a different look. It has the ease, and the colour would brighten up a dark coat and look quite striking. But I also agree with the other comments that it looks better on you than you are taking credit for.
sewbehind said... (9/6/11 11:52 AM) Reply
Didn't work for you? I guess I beg to differ. I think it looks fantastic on you.
Elemenopeo said... (9/6/11 8:32 AM) Reply
I was really surprised you have reservations about it as it looks great. That's really the style with the ease. I just crocheted something similar and it does take getting used to, I agree. Hopefully it will grow on you!
Rosesred said... (9/6/11 6:56 AM) Reply
Very informative review! That much ease would suprise me as well, but it actually fits the garment, imo.

by: julliams