Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5680 (Misses' Wrap and Jacket)

Reviewed by:bemodi

About bemodi
NS CANADA
Member since: 10/12/07
Posted on:9/6/11 6:33 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
CorgieMom said... (1/7/12 10:32 PM) Reply
I'm sitting here with View D wrapped around my shoulders...that's how this garment feels. One long rectangle of fabric with 2 seams in the back, which has a pulling sensation so it feels wrapped on my shoulders. Nothing about it works as the pattern is printed. View B may have enough fabric to put a pin on the front, but View D doesn't. Trying to do so, feels like it's pulling. The back doesn't lay like the picture. I need to hem the sleeves and back bottom, but it needs something more than that to make it work. It's ashame that Butterick didn't review/make the garments. If they did, I doubt the pattern would exist. Shame to put money into fabric for a pattern that simply doesn't work. There's no way for the garment wrapped around me right now will EVER look like the picture.
anncie1 said... (10/7/11 9:59 AM) Reply
Hi there. I love this look. You might want to check out DVF's winter collection to get you on board with the whole "ease" thing. She does a wonderful job and this is a great pattern to mimick her thoughts. It's about big and layering this winter.
slvrfx said... (9/21/11 0:38 AM) Reply
Unfortunately i made view D without checking with PR as well. It is truly a mess too much fabric and it flops all around. One piece but it just looks like a wadded up piece of fabric. Not pleased to say the least.
slvrfx said... (9/21/11 0:38 AM) Reply
Q Valley Mary said... (9/7/11 12:22 PM) Reply
I think you could also wear this vest over a coat for a different look. It has the ease, and the colour would brighten up a dark coat and look quite striking. But I also agree with the other comments that it looks better on you than you are taking credit for.
sewbehind said... (9/6/11 11:52 AM) Reply
Didn't work for you? I guess I beg to differ. I think it looks fantastic on you.
Elemenopeo said... (9/6/11 8:32 AM) Reply
I was really surprised you have reservations about it as it looks great. That's really the style with the ease. I just crocheted something similar and it does take getting used to, I agree. Hopefully it will grow on you!
Rosesred said... (9/6/11 6:56 AM) Reply
Very informative review! That much ease would suprise me as well, but it actually fits the garment, imo.

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sewing Workshop Chopin Blouse Pattern