Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8732 (Misses' Jacket and Belt)

Reviewed by:Celticstitcher

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories    Coat/Jacket

Vesta Patterns

Elke said... (3/26/14 6:34 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket! Thanks for the terrific review. Very helpful and now I want to make one.
sacmabell said... (1/22/14 9:03 PM) Reply
It has been a while since you made this, but I want you to know that it is beautiful. I am thinking of making it and you have encouraged me. Wonderful job and excellent review.
sandysewin said... (9/17/13 1:46 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I've been wanting to learn more tailoring techniques and this seems like a good place to start. Good call on the contrast lining, it looks wonderful!
Gendun said... (3/26/13 8:36 AM) Reply
Very pretty. I'm curious... I notice the edges of your inside pocket pieces (in contrast fabric) are unfinished. Is this a shortcut, or part of the pattern, please?
KPM said... (3/10/13 4:40 PM) Reply
I forgot to ask: When I saw the placement of the upper welts, the buttons appear to land exactly where they shouldn't; I was planning to move them up. How did that work out for you?
KPM said... (3/10/13 4:39 PM) Reply
I was just shopping for a pattern like this, also for an upcoming trip, but when I went to the Vogue site the info described the jacket as unlined, then went on to list a silk lining fabric requirement.??? Guess I'll get the answer to that when the pattern arrives. Anyway, congrats on a beautiful job, and fine review. It must give you a great deal of satisfaction. Thanks for the clever tip on adding the interfacing for the padding stitches; I probably wouldn't have thought of that, and am planning on using a fabric where the stitches would show as well.
Athene said... (8/18/12 1:09 AM) Reply
Your jacket is fabulous and thank you for such a great review with so many photos. Very helpful.
VirginiasDghter said... (9/13/11 8:05 PM) Reply
Wow! What a GREAT jacket and great review too. I love this. It has a bit of a military resemblance. Is this the jacket that was made up in a yellow fabric in the pattern book but different on the acutal envelope? Anyway, this looks great!
blue mooney said... (9/10/11 8:20 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Thanks for the very complete review. Congratulations on your buttonholes - a real accomplishment.
sewbarbie said... (9/9/11 1:26 AM) Reply
I'm very excited to see this made up. You put a very creative spin on a classic design, I'm sure the designer would be pleased.
4u2cme said... (9/8/11 10:58 AM) Reply
Thank for the helpful review & photos. I picked up this pattern and it helps to see if others had problems before I tackle it. Your jacket is great looking!
Sew4Fun said... (9/8/11 3:51 AM) Reply
Nice jacket. Thanks for the helpful review. It's good to see this pattern reviewed.
VogueMistress said... (9/7/11 10:50 PM) Reply
It looks terrific on you! Wonderful job..
Laurasews said... (9/7/11 10:43 PM) Reply
Lovely! You should be very excited!
Claverie said... (9/7/11 9:37 PM) Reply
Great color, great lining, great buttons! Good review too! ;)
Sue Parrott said... (9/7/11 9:26 PM) Reply
I really love this pattern and think your jacket turned out GREAT! Nice work!
AndreaSews said... (9/7/11 8:56 PM) Reply
Beautiful work, such a pretty jacket!
cleverkitty said... (9/7/11 8:32 PM) Reply
WOW really nice jacket love it
margk said... (9/7/11 6:37 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket, and lovely work. Good on you for learning some couture techniques and hand stitching. It was definitely worth it. Great lining also.
Lori V said... (9/7/11 6:06 PM) Reply
This is such a cute jacket, great job.
Celticstitcher said... (9/7/11 3:06 PM) Reply
sewme47 thank you. I just used the front and back pieces and removed the facings, but don't forget the seam allowance. the padstitching was easy enough once I got started and ut really makes a HUGE difference. I took the pics to remind me how I did it this time lol
sewme47 said... (9/7/11 1:59 PM) Reply
You have created a beautiful jacket! I can't wait to try this pattern, but like you, I'd like to add a lining. Is there a resource you used to help draft the lining pieces? I'm not looking forward to doing padding stitches, but I'll look at it as a learning experience, lol. Thank you for all the wonderful pics of your project in progress.
Celticstitcher said... (9/7/11 1:22 PM) Reply
oops, I'm new at the Flickr thing, I think I've sorted it :-)
sewme47 said... (9/7/11 1:08 PM) Reply
Yes, please let us see the pictures. I want to make this pattern and can't wait to see the details. :-)
Steffie said... (9/7/11 11:41 AM) Reply
Oh! So excited to view your pics -- privacy setting on Flickr is set to private! :)

Iconic Patterns 1102