Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Kate Dress (Wrap Dress)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:9/9/11 1:51 PM
Last Updated:9/10/11 2:02 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 18 people

Heatherrique said... (9/18/11 11:43 PM) Reply
Thank you for taking the time to read my review and comment! I am hooked on Style Arc patterns! ;-)
VirginiasDghter said... (9/13/11 8:21 PM) Reply
Oh so lovely. Love the shot of pink in that fabric. Very girlie!
Sheila457 said... (9/13/11 7:51 AM) Reply
I love the dress and it looks great on you.
Elizabeth made this said... (9/11/11 6:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
marec said... (9/11/11 12:27 PM) Reply
Great review-thanks for the complete and detailed info! I like your fall dress even though you were disappointed in the fabric.
maryfrana said... (9/11/11 11:16 AM) Reply
This is a great dress. I think I need to jump on the Style Arc bandwagon. I love that the neckline is not too low and the overall look of this dress. Great job. Now we want to see the blue!
Annette1 said... (9/10/11 11:35 PM) Reply
Oh, wow, your second version is even PRETTIER than the first. You look FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC, sporting that beautiful dress with that gorgeous smile. :o)
Larkin said... (9/10/11 10:56 PM) Reply
Great review! Thanks for the details. Enjoy your dress!
ryan's mom said... (9/10/11 7:50 PM) Reply
What a nice dress! I have to check out this company now.
Christas said... (9/10/11 4:26 PM) Reply
Great looking second version! You are on a roll with that pattern!
MNBarb said... (9/10/11 2:52 PM) Reply
Love this second version.
wenznz said... (9/10/11 4:34 AM) Reply
This looks lovely. I placed my first StyleArc order about a week ago, but I've already started a list for my next order - this is definitely going to have to be added! Thank you for the great review.
FreyaStark said... (9/10/11 3:05 AM) Reply
The fabric looks low-key rather than drab to me. You could jazz it up with a chunky necklace if you felt it needed something extra. Otherwise the dress is a great fit and the pattern is a useful addition to your library.
Annette1 said... (9/9/11 9:37 PM) Reply
This fabric DARE NOT look "drab" on you. No fabric COULD. :o) This is a darling little dress, and I too like it with the tie belt wrapping around to the front (speaking as someone who doesn't have anybody but the dogs around while getting dressed for work in the mornings). Also, a VERY MUCH APPRECIATED feature is the v-neckline that is NOT too low. As you said, it's JUST RIGHT! :o) BEAUTIFUL! I've been tempted to jump on the StyleArc bandwagon, too, and this isn't helping matters any --ha!
cahmad said... (9/9/11 9:12 PM) Reply
Oh dear. You have just introduced me to a pattern company I'd never heard of. Just when I was thinking I couldn't possibly *need* anymore patterns......Beautiful dress. You did a good job!
becca a said... (9/9/11 8:15 PM) Reply
This is a very flattering wrap dress. Thanks for reviewing this pattern.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (9/9/11 6:38 PM) Reply
Great dress and review! You must show us the next one when you make it.
Mufffet said... (9/9/11 6:05 PM) Reply
:) Pretty dress!
Sew4Fun said... (9/9/11 5:43 PM) Reply
Wow nice dress. After seeing your review I think I'll have to purchase this pattern. It looks great with your minimal alterations. Thanks for the very helpful review too.
jannw said... (9/9/11 5:33 PM) Reply
Great dress..now that I see it made up, another for the wish list! Thanx for the idea about the facings and the tie length.
Christas said... (9/9/11 4:59 PM) Reply
That is one really cute dress!!! Style Arc is definitely getting some great reviews around here. Your review is very informative and helpful, as always! Now..... to find my self control. I have a pattern addiction problem, and I have never bought from that company! I probably "need" this dress pattern! :-)
renren said... (9/9/11 3:35 PM) Reply
This reminds me of the Diane Von Furstenberg(sp?) wraps from the 80s(?could it be that long ago?). Really like your dress and the blue one will absolutely rock (or disco, as you prefer).
MNBarb said... (9/9/11 2:46 PM) Reply
Thanks for another Style Arc reveiw. I'm interested in the RTW drafting. Sorry you had a fabric disappointment. It's so difficult to get it all scoped out from a web photo. Well, it's wearable and it sounds like you have all of the fitting bugs figured out. Your wrap dress is very nice. The fitting of the neck, shoulder and bodice is especially nice.
pterion said... (9/9/11 2:28 PM) Reply
This dress looks great on you. Terrific iconic wrap dress style. So far I really like the StyleArc patterns.
CA Eisenhour said... (9/9/11 2:27 PM) Reply
Ditto @SewWil concerning bringing this Pattern Company to our attention! Beautiful dress Lou! Love the style and I KNOW the "Royal Blue" version is going to look ever so gorgeous on you!!
SewWil said... (9/9/11 2:15 PM) Reply
Very stylish. I like the ties in front as well. Your dress turned out very nice and looks great on you. Thanks for the review and bringing this pattern to my attention.