Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8574 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:Christas

About Christasstarstarstarstar
OK USA
Member since: 3/16/06
Posted on:9/8/11 5:57 PM

Sweater knit fabrics

mm said... (9/11/11 1:07 AM) Reply
I am looking forward to the next 12. This looks great and there will be another summer next year.
blue mooney said... (9/10/11 8:12 AM) Reply
That is super cute! Thank you for bringing the cooler weather!!
FreyaStark said... (9/10/11 3:08 AM) Reply
I just love the colour!
cahmad said... (9/9/11 9:17 PM) Reply
What a wonderful dress! The color looks amazing on you. It's a quick sew, eh? I would never have guessed. It looks fantastic.
1SewSweet said... (9/9/11 8:12 PM) Reply
Wow, this dress is really, really cute on you...perfect color, style, everything! Beautiful work! Looks like you're ready to go out and have some fun!!
Mahogany Stylist said... (9/9/11 5:14 PM) Reply
Great looking dress.
Amanda.Claire said... (9/9/11 12:59 PM) Reply
How cute is this! You look lovely in it.
NJcowgirl said... (9/9/11 10:37 AM) Reply
You look beautiful. I love the dress on you. It is very flattering--the color, the fit, the style. Beautiful!
MamaSewing said... (9/9/11 9:50 AM) Reply
You look great in this dress!
CynthiaSue said... (9/9/11 0:53 AM) Reply
how totally elegant!
Peggy L said... (9/9/11 0:38 AM) Reply
Nice!!! Your machine has been smoking!!! Lots of great sewing going on.
Annette1 said... (9/9/11 0:20 AM) Reply
I LOVE the gorgeous cut of the bodice/neckline/shoulders on you! You should make LOTS of these, or at LEAST one more. :o) IS IT DONE YET?? BRAVO!
imsewcrazy said... (9/9/11 0:05 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress!! Great color!! Looks great on you!
Barbara V said... (9/8/11 11:23 PM) Reply
First of all I'm so happy to see your head and pretty smile in this review! And think your dress is very cute. I love the style and snappy green color. Super work as always.
Sue Parrott said... (9/8/11 10:03 PM) Reply
Great dress, great fabric! Yahoo!
jenleeC said... (9/8/11 9:48 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! And speedy too...I'm jealous because it takes a whole month for my patterns to arrive by mail! I could buy locally but at $32 a pop for Vogue designers I have to be pretty desperate!
slmstyle said... (9/8/11 8:40 PM) Reply
Nice job on this great dress, and I love the color! I suppose you can chalk up the fabrication choice and how it didn't sew up as well as you hoped to a great learning experience that is still quite cute and wearable!
Christas said... (9/8/11 8:11 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone, for the really nice comments! Barb, I'm really not that quick. I made this dress over the weekend and just now got around to reviewing it!
MNBarb said... (9/8/11 7:50 PM) Reply
I've always been tempted by this pattern. It's a good one for you with the empire waistline and bodice detail. I'm impressed that you whipped out another garment in a day!
kidmd said... (9/8/11 7:42 PM) Reply
Adorable! This style really suits you and the color is wonderful.
Karendee said... (9/8/11 7:34 PM) Reply
I agree with Heather's lovely post!!! Your dress is eyecatching on you --as a picture of loveliness. I love the fabric, style, color and fit of this project. Sorry you didn't have it to wear during this terribly hot summer. I think you mentioned that you fully lined the top on your dress, and that makes such a professionl look as well. It seems like you're on a roll by making on of these darling green garments each and every day. LOL, you are a speed demon!!! Thanks for the review.
sewmytime said... (9/8/11 7:01 PM) Reply
Very pretty!
ArtAttack said... (9/8/11 6:51 PM) Reply
This is darling! I love the color! Feel your pain with the heat...and now fires! Stay cool...you sure look cool in this dress...
cleverkitty said... (9/8/11 6:27 PM) Reply
oh my!!! you sewed this so quick since your pattern shopping, this is a wonderful color on you. I like the side seam pockets, pleats and lined bodice. Very nice dress Christas...
Heatherrique said... (9/8/11 6:25 PM) Reply
It's easy to overlook the designs on the pattern envelopes, but not your eyecatchingly gorgeous dress! I like this enticing color on you, and as always your smile can brighten anybody's day. :-)
SewWil said... (9/8/11 6:25 PM) Reply
Great! Now I have to add another pattern to my wishlist. Your dress is beautiful and looks wonderful on you.
marec said... (9/8/11 6:17 PM) Reply
So pretty and fresh looking!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (9/8/11 6:08 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress and review! You will be all set when the warm days return.

Pants Sewing DVD