Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1225 (misses dress)

Reviewed by:cahmad

About cahmadstar
Member since: 4/4/08
Posted on:9/9/11 4:54 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
goodworks1 said... (3/26/12 1:01 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. Thinking about the hemline, I wonder if the slope of your shoulders could be affecting this?
Ms. Bijou said... (9/11/11 4:11 PM) Reply
Thanks Cahmad! I forgot about starting larger or checking measurements on the pattern. So glad I read your review first. I did make the smallest size on the other dress and it probably would be a little tight if it were not so stretchy. Probably could not get away with that with a non-stretchy fabric! I'll try to post pictures in the beginner forum of the other dress for you to see. NOt ready to write a review yet and it's not quite done but I should finish it today and start cutting out this one.
maryfrana said... (9/11/11 11:29 AM) Reply
Love your version much more than the envelope photo. You look fabulous. Time consuming, but so worth it.
Knitters Delight said... (9/11/11 3:40 AM) Reply
You look AMAZING in your dress. Absolutely fabulous.
GwenV said... (9/10/11 11:08 AM) Reply
Charming
Annette1 said... (9/9/11 9:40 PM) Reply
Now that is one BEAUTIFUL dress, your version being SO much prettier than the pattern photo, I think. And I LOVE your sandals, too! You'll be going in STYLE, no matter WHERE you go with this lovely ensemble. :o)
cahmad said... (9/9/11 8:41 PM) Reply
Ms. Bijou - thank you so much! Can't wait to see your version of both these dresses. As for this one, I actually did not do anything to make the V less deep. When I originally tried the dress on (before adding elastic), I was concerned that it would be way too deep. But then when I added the elastic (I used 1/2" elastic) and then pressed the casing up and stitched it, the V ended up not being so bad. Also, it sounds like you and I are the same size in RTW. I usually wear a 6/small, sometimes a 4. I almost always start with a size 10 when using patterns.
Ms. Bijou said... (9/9/11 7:16 PM) Reply
I'm wondering if you did something to the bottom of the bodice in front to make the V less deep? Am I saying that right? Also, if I may ask, what size are you RTW? I'm trying to figure out what size to cut but a 10 sounds too large for me but that's what the pattern envelope says. I'm a small or a 6 but should probably wear a 4 up top because my shoulder area is pretty tiny.
Ms. Bijou said... (9/9/11 6:23 PM) Reply
VERY flattering on you! I'm just getting ready to cut this out so I appreciate the review. Funny tho, I am almost done with the Vogue wrap dress in your other review! I'll post a review on that one when I hem it and change the flutter sleeves I made to longer flutter sleeves. Just want them a tiny bit longer.
SewWil said... (9/9/11 6:10 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress!Your efforts paid off.
michellep74 said... (9/9/11 5:54 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress!
rmusic1 said... (9/9/11 5:49 PM) Reply
it looks very summery and pretty
Pinkpegasus said... (9/9/11 5:16 PM) Reply
I didn't look twice at the pattern envelope, but your version is really pretty! Lovely fabric.

Understanding Sheer Fabrics