Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1146 (OUTERWEAR)

Reviewed by:JETrinity

About JETrinitystarstar
MI USA
Member since: 8/23/09
Posted on:9/9/11 9:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Outerwear
okathy said... (12/6/14 9:04 PM) Reply
I'm considering attempting this pattern. Your notes and commentary are very helpful. I love this website! And I love your coat! Great job. You mention ALO and Fields fabric. Where do you find this? Thank you.
NJcowgirl said... (4/24/13 5:55 PM) Reply
I'm just attempting this pattern. Thank you for your thorough review. Your coat turned out beautiful. Great job. I hope you're well.
annie1129 said... (9/14/11 0:37 AM) Reply
Absolutely love it!
maryfrana said... (9/11/11 11:22 AM) Reply
Gorgeous in corduroy -- this is truly wearable art. Your patience is also commended.
Marge99 said... (9/11/11 7:02 AM) Reply
That's marvelous! I take this pattern out at least once a month, but I haven't quite felt flush enough to go out and buy so much fabric - but having seen it made up so attractively I think I really must. Did you feel that the pattern runs true to size or did you cut a size smaller?
Annette1 said... (9/10/11 11:47 PM) Reply
Oh, my, what a FEAT! Of course, I knew IMMEDIATELY which pattern it was. Nobody can ever say you don't have PATIENCE. :o) This is a one-of-a-kind work of art, and I know you'll get MUCH enjoyment out of it, as will everyone else who gets to see it. :o)
TrixieSews said... (9/10/11 2:06 PM) Reply
Great review! Your coat is a lovely piece of art!
kws said... (9/10/11 9:50 AM) Reply
Lovely and different. Wonderful workl
magoe6217 said... (9/10/11 9:47 AM) Reply
Your beautiful coat is a real tour de force. Truly a work of art. Thanks for sharing your artistry with us.
blue mooney said... (9/10/11 8:02 AM) Reply
A showstopper!
prttynpnk said... (9/10/11 7:38 AM) Reply
This is so lovely- and I always admire the pattern- you outdid the pattern cover! Brava!
Clareew said... (9/10/11 7:05 AM) Reply
I love, love, love your coat. You have created a masterpiece. I hope you get lots of pleasure from wearing it and it brightens you up when your MS is getting you down.
Amanda.Claire said... (9/10/11 2:23 AM) Reply
Awesome coat!
lamstu said... (9/10/11 0:02 AM) Reply
Your coat is beautiful! I am impressed that you found all those different fabrics that work together so nicely. And it looks really well sewn too.
renren said... (9/9/11 11:37 PM) Reply
Yes, while I was reading I thought, pure artistry. I am overwhelmed, practically speechless . . . no, no, I never stop talking. Alo fabric, wow. Air, land, ocean. Now tell me, is your seamstress voice an inside voice??? I can't imagine anything sewing related to be too big of a challenge for you. Beautiful, beautiful coat. Hope you love wearing it. I truly feel privileged to have read this review and to have seen this beautiful garment.
SewWil said... (9/9/11 10:16 PM) Reply
Wow! Your coat is a work of art. Great job! Glad that it does not feel as heavy to wear as it did while you were sewing it.

The Technique of Underlining Garments