Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8633 (Funnel Collar Split Neck Dress)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:9/13/11 11:53 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
FreyaStark said... (9/20/11 5:29 AM) Reply
A lovely dress and a great fit.
sewin said... (9/17/11 10:46 AM) Reply
Love this dress on you. Very cute and perfectly fitted. I think I may try the pattern now.
Sue Parrott said... (9/14/11 7:35 PM) Reply
Wow, glad you stuck with this dress as it is lovely! Hope you enjoy wearing it in relation to how cute it is on you!
Sue Parrott said... (9/14/11 7:34 PM) Reply
canei said... (9/14/11 2:08 PM) Reply
Way too cute. I love it. I live in Philadelphia and I love Jomar. They have awesome deals!!! They just had a half-price sale on all fabrics. I have way too much fabric, so I didn't go.
Terri A said... (9/14/11 12:06 PM) Reply
Very fabulous! Worth the time and attention, as once again you have created an awesome piece.
carolynw said... (9/14/11 9:18 AM) Reply
Thank goodness for the magic closet - works wonders every time I know. Your dress is beautiful - great fit - very versatile addition to your closet
Ragdol said... (9/14/11 9:03 AM) Reply
Cute dress, looks great.
Zaneta said... (9/14/11 8:10 AM) Reply
How gorgeous... it looks lovely on you
cleverkitty said... (9/14/11 8:08 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress on you, the fabric is so wonderful. I got the same hair-cut this summer yours looks great. Another outfit perfect for your wardrobe.
Karen6790 said... (9/13/11 11:02 PM) Reply
Beautiful. I have this pattern and have been putting off making it. You may have pushed me over the edge. Love your fabric choice.
silverlakegal said... (9/13/11 9:28 PM) Reply
A very chic, smart looking dress. Love the color and how well it fits you. Great choices all around. Thanks for the useful comments that you include in all your reviews. You are inspiring.
jenleeC said... (9/13/11 9:22 PM) Reply
Well your perseverance with fit has paid off! Your dress looks lovely and fits your perfectly. Thanks for the links to your fitting adjustments..these are really helpful. I am curious as to why you used a different sleeve rather than altering the Vogue sleeve to a more capped style if that was what you were looking for?
mm said... (9/13/11 7:21 PM) Reply
A lovely summer dress. Great fabric and it really suits you.
VirginiasDghter said... (9/13/11 7:16 PM) Reply
OMGosh! That is SO CUTE!
MichelleE said... (9/13/11 6:10 PM) Reply
I think it suits you really well, in colour and style. I am always impressed with how much care you take in getting it to fit your figure so well. Wish I had as much patience!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (9/13/11 6:01 PM) Reply
Love the dress and the yellow fabric is great! Thanks for the great review with details of your adjustments.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (9/13/11 6:01 PM) Reply
4u2cme said... (9/13/11 5:34 PM) Reply
You did a great job with this pattern. Your adjustments are very helpful.
Tinyloop said... (9/13/11 4:24 PM) Reply
This dress is gorgeous and your notes wonderful. Thank you for commenting on my projects; you are certainly inspiration for more!
Laurie Lou said... (9/13/11 3:27 PM) Reply
My first thought was Wow! That little dress really fits you nicely! Now I must say you did an excellent job on your alterations. It looks like it was made for You! ;) I also really like your fabric...great find and very information packed review, thanks!
Mufffet said... (9/13/11 3:25 PM) Reply
THIS is lovely! I really like your yellow garments - they are very flattering on you. This is an elegant dress.
2takeKate said... (9/13/11 3:22 PM) Reply
I have always really liked the neckline on this, but didn't realize it was designed for knits. Even better! Your stretchy woven version came out beautifully. Love that print on you! I also like the slight flare to the skirt. Thanks for another helpful review!
SewWil said... (9/13/11 2:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!!! Looks great on you. It was worth the time to put it aside and think it through. Great job!!! I need to get a magic closet.
BexInMD said... (9/13/11 1:33 PM) Reply
This is such a cheerful dress, and very flattering to you. Your "magic closet" together with your ingenuity gave a great result.
Knitz said... (9/13/11 1:29 PM) Reply
Very cute -- well worth your time and effort!
MNBarb said... (9/13/11 12:59 PM) Reply
I looked at the photo and thought, "what a perfect dressy dress for work". The yellow is a nice color on you and I love the fitted waist. Sometimes a straight skirt looks like it's binding but this one is perfect. Very nice! You review was full of helpful details. Thanks for taking the time to teach.

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-1996-417