Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7880 (Misses' skirts)

Reviewed by:madebyj

About madebyjstar
Member since: 7/31/10

Posted on:9/17/11 4:34 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Michele Lommasson said... (9/18/11 2:06 PM) Reply
I love your skirt! I have had this pattern forever It looked so interesting, but I never made it up. It looks very wearable and wonderful. I can't wait to try it!
mrs quickly said... (9/18/11 12:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love to wear interesting skirts and have this pattern in my collection. After seeing your version I think it's high time I made one for myself. I have some lovely mens suiting weight wool in my stash I think will be perfect. Thanks for the detailed review!
DebJ said... (9/18/11 12:34 PM) Reply
The skirt looks wonderful and you did a great job. I have had this skirt cut off since last fall. I think I need to get this done this fall now I know how good it can turn out.
NJcowgirl said... (9/18/11 12:11 PM) Reply
Beautifully done. I love the fabric, the style and your color choices.
sewbehind said... (9/18/11 11:45 AM) Reply
That is a fabulous skirt. I would have never pictured it the way you made it up. It is very wearable and looks great on you.
Jax7815 said... (9/18/11 11:06 AM) Reply
I made this skirt and practically had a heart attack. I used navy linen and could not tell which side was which--good advice to label, label. Yours looks terrific, especially the back drape. I love the tucked in T-shirt, as well. I'm afraid that my version looks like limp rags I sewed together; it was also very hard to get the waist to fit perfectly. With this inspiration, maybe I will try it again.
Lori V said... (9/18/11 8:02 AM) Reply
Very pretty, it is so interesting and unique. You look great in your new skirt.
Fran G said... (9/18/11 7:51 AM) Reply
Great skirt and you wear it well. Thanks for your very detailed review. I know I had this pattern at one time so perhaps I'll search thru my patterns. I agree that the choice of fabric is crucial.
lamstu said... (9/17/11 10:58 PM) Reply
This skirt is great! I made the shorter version in a too heavy fabric ages ago, and it lasted a season before it went to the charity shop. Something to do with advanced poison ivy on my knees that year. You are reminding me that I should try it again one day. The fabric choice is ideal for the style.
spiphany said... (9/17/11 1:47 PM) Reply
I'm a big fan of interesting asymmetrical skirts. Yours looks great, love the way it turned out.
mendospot said... (9/17/11 11:13 AM) Reply
Very nice. I love your style and have bookmarked your blog!
Aroura said... (9/17/11 10:53 AM) Reply
What an interesting skirt, the cut of the overlay is so unusual, I love it. It looks great!
Janiki said... (9/17/11 5:54 AM) Reply
Love the way you've styled it too. Really a unique, interesting skirt that works well in a plain subdued colour.

by: Heatherriq...