Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6394 (Misses'/Miss Petite' Lined Dresses)

Reviewed by:lbreton

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew    Dresses

Other Projects by lbreton using this Pattern

Christine B said... (12/3/11 11:35 PM) Reply
Hey, I'm just starting with this pattern tonight. Like you, I need to FBA (32/34DDD), and I'm pretty small through the shoulders/neckline. I love that you tried this twice, and haven't given up. It can be sooooo discouraging to sew when you practically have to draft the darn pattern from scratch. I also checked out your blog - will definitely be following you in the future! Hang in there!!
lbreton said... (10/23/11 4:47 PM) Reply
I really want to revisit this pattern. I really do recommend pivoting the bust dart. Or try it on the muslin and see what you think.
mb230slk2000qazwsx said... (10/21/11 2:38 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for your review- I just bought the pattern and have the same fitting issues you do but it looks like it might be flattering to a large bust. Im following along with you.
lbreton said... (10/3/11 9:28 PM) Reply
Thanks you two. I think this next dress is getting me closer to better fit. Once I'm done I'll post a review of the pattern. I will hang in there. I'm self taught so I'm really proud of how far I've come.
Terri A said... (9/15/11 0:56 AM) Reply
Your fabric sounds nice. I know that fitting can be hard. Hang in there and you'll have the best clothes ever!
Amanda.Claire said... (9/14/11 10:53 PM) Reply
You are soooo close. For me, fitting is the hardest thing to do. Your review is really helpful. Sewers are the most persistent people. I like the dress too, but I know it has to be comfortable. I wish I could offer some fitting advice, but alas, I am not good at that.

StyleArc Jenny Shirt