Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1048 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:Jrhee

About Jrheestarstar
Member since: 8/7/11
Posted on:9/21/11 7:08 PM
Last Updated:9/21/11 7:10 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

DOMESTICATEDMENNONITE said... (11/2/13 10:10 PM) Reply
Very nice. Quick question... Did you replace the back slit with an inverted box pleat?
pdiddly said... (7/12/13 3:17 AM) Reply
lovely - I have this pattern so thanks for the tips
Jrhee said... (12/27/11 11:22 AM) Reply
arianamaniacs, sorry about that! Probably won't fix this one since it is an old pattern, but am using flickr now for my new reviews.
arianamaniacs said... (9/25/11 4:19 PM) Reply
is it just me? i am asked to log into a google account to see the pictures...looks great in the thumbnail!
Catbird said... (9/23/11 3:00 PM) Reply
I agree with all of the above. The shape of the dress and shoulder line is really beautiful and flattering, and both versions have such a nice casual elegance! That beige one looks really lovely. Thank you for the excellent review!
Jrhee said... (9/23/11 0:49 AM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! You are very kind!
NJcowgirl said... (9/22/11 12:05 PM) Reply
Both dresses are beautiful. I liked your modifications. I'm sorry the pattern is OOP. You did a wonderful job on both.
ArtAttack said... (9/22/11 10:50 AM) Reply
Both dresses are adorable! Very flattering style on you. thanks for the great review...makes you really want to get creative with patterns and step out of the box instruction-wise!
jenleeC said... (9/21/11 9:41 PM) Reply
Both dresses look lovely; each quite different even though sewn from the same pattern.
Christas said... (9/21/11 9:20 PM) Reply
Very nice work! I really like your fabric choices and it's nice to see the dress sewn in a heavier weight fabric. Thanks so much for your review!
RadarRadiance said... (9/21/11 7:38 PM) Reply
Really cute lines to this pattern, I agree about the slit in the back, it is cute but I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing it. I also agree that the shoulder line looks great on you. Very nice dress!
SewWil said... (9/21/11 7:22 PM) Reply
I like both dresses a lot. Thanks for reviewing this pattern. I've had it in my stash but somehow it never makes it to the top of the pile.
Camerio said... (9/21/11 7:16 PM) Reply
I am very glad you reviewed this pattern and sewed it twice. I love the pattern and you made some sensible choices such as the slit in the back. I am looking forward to make this pattern

Self Drafted Pattern Luly Yang

by: arianamani...

Kwik Sew 2333

by: goosegreen

Victoria Jones Collection Men's Classic Hawaiian Businessman's Aloha Shirt

Victoria Jones Collection Men's Classic Hawaiian Businessman's Aloha Shirt

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)