Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1048 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:Jrhee

About Jrheestarstar
Member since: 8/7/11
Posted on:9/21/11 7:08 PM
Last Updated:9/21/11 7:10 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

DOMESTICATEDMENNONITE said... (11/2/13 10:10 PM) Reply
Very nice. Quick question... Did you replace the back slit with an inverted box pleat?
pdiddly said... (7/12/13 3:17 AM) Reply
lovely - I have this pattern so thanks for the tips
Jrhee said... (12/27/11 11:22 AM) Reply
arianamaniacs, sorry about that! Probably won't fix this one since it is an old pattern, but am using flickr now for my new reviews.
arianamaniacs said... (9/25/11 4:19 PM) Reply
is it just me? i am asked to log into a google account to see the pictures...looks great in the thumbnail!
Catbird said... (9/23/11 3:00 PM) Reply
I agree with all of the above. The shape of the dress and shoulder line is really beautiful and flattering, and both versions have such a nice casual elegance! That beige one looks really lovely. Thank you for the excellent review!
Jrhee said... (9/23/11 0:49 AM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! You are very kind!
NJcowgirl said... (9/22/11 12:05 PM) Reply
Both dresses are beautiful. I liked your modifications. I'm sorry the pattern is OOP. You did a wonderful job on both.
ArtAttack said... (9/22/11 10:50 AM) Reply
Both dresses are adorable! Very flattering style on you. thanks for the great review...makes you really want to get creative with patterns and step out of the box instruction-wise!
jenleeC said... (9/21/11 9:41 PM) Reply
Both dresses look lovely; each quite different even though sewn from the same pattern.
Christas said... (9/21/11 9:20 PM) Reply
Very nice work! I really like your fabric choices and it's nice to see the dress sewn in a heavier weight fabric. Thanks so much for your review!
RadarRadiance said... (9/21/11 7:38 PM) Reply
Really cute lines to this pattern, I agree about the slit in the back, it is cute but I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing it. I also agree that the shoulder line looks great on you. Very nice dress!
SewWil said... (9/21/11 7:22 PM) Reply
I like both dresses a lot. Thanks for reviewing this pattern. I've had it in my stash but somehow it never makes it to the top of the pile.
Camerio said... (9/21/11 7:16 PM) Reply
I am very glad you reviewed this pattern and sewed it twice. I love the pattern and you made some sensible choices such as the slit in the back. I am looking forward to make this pattern

by: RachelKenn...